Urgent:Employer promised EB2 but secretly filed EB3,colluded with the Attorney

AvinashAdi

Hi Friends,

My Employer promised me to file my Green card under EB2,and asked me to wait for 1 year from the request date,took another six months to file Labor, but behind the scene he requested the attorney to file my case under EB3 Category,which I recently found out.He made sure I never get access to I-140 approval and Labor Certification documents.

In this scenario,what are my options,can I confront my employer,pursue him or request him to upgrade the status?

Please advise me.

Regards,
Avinash

Did they file based on a job description other than what was agreed with you? Sounds like they did. What you can do about it? Nothing much but quit. Bottom line - it's their right, unless you have a very specific contract signed with them where they promise you things (even then I'm not sure there's much to do other than quitting).

I think they changed the job description from what was initially agreed.I never got access to Labor Certification form or other documents.It's so frustrating being in this position,where an employee can easily be fooled into believing that its all done per agreement,and when the truth is out,there is not much employee can do,but suck up.

Thanks for answering.

How can they file for your I-140 without you signing the approved labor petition ?

The approved labor is not valid unless you sign it. Only then it can be used to file for your I-140. This is what my employer did.

Hi Friends,

My Employer promised me to file my Green card under EB2,and asked me to wait for 1 year from the request date,took another six months to file Labor, but behind the scene he requested the attorney to file my case under EB3 Category,which I recently found out.
---- You cant force employer to file EB2 even if you are qualified for EB2. Most employer /lawyer prefer to file EB3 as wages to be written on EB3 LC are less than Eb2.
He made sure I never get access to I-140 approval and Labor Certification documents.
------------------------ LC and I-140 are employer Petitions. Many employer will not give you copy of LC or I-140 filing reciept or I-140 Approval notice copy.
In this scenario,what are my options,can I confront my employer,pursue him or request him to upgrade the status?

Please advise me.

Regards,
Avinash
-----------