Urgent - EAD renewal

vipsha

Registered Users (C)
I have to send I-765 to local BCIS office since 485 is pending at local office. As per BCIS site I can send only money order or cashiers check so I had money order.
Now my question is
How do I make sure that I get WAC# since I am sending money order so there is no way I can get a copy of money order from my bank like personal check ?
I am assuming that If I don't get receipt notice.

Any suggestion will be appreciated.

money order goes back to issuing bank as well. ask your issuer about it.

actually i don't know why people like to ask bank about the WAC# on the back of the check. simply give CSC a call and ask them to check by A#, which is much easier.

So if I have a photo copy of money order than I should be able to trace it, since you know INS and there stupid phone numbers. I am not relying on receipt notice. It is simple If I don't get receipt notice then what are the ways by which I can get WAC #.

What if CSC says "in our computer it does not show". Since I am sending to local service center not to CSC. To get any info from local service center you have to go there in person.

When I applied in Feb they were accepting personal checks may be now they dont, however I heard that you can put a trace on cashiers check were you can get a copy of it.

I have never done that and check it with your bank. May it is worth while to do something like a trace instead of wasting a day in line with local INS just to get some info like WAC#.

good luck.

yeah i'm here. that's correct. your money will return to the issuing financial institution of the routing number on the money order. you can always trace it and find that piece of paper.

as for the "my computer doesn't show" issue, when i call IIO i always give them my A# cuz i'm lazy to correct those people a thousand times. a few times the IIO asked me "we issued receipt of your EAD application to you on 12/2/02, have you received it in mail?" i think if your case is really received and entered into their system, it should show up on their computer. otherwise i would assume your case is still hanging somewhere in the mailroom.

Hi Vipsha,

I am applying for EAD renewal again.
According to the instructions on I 765 form

***Checks and money orders must be payable
in U.S. currency. Make check or money order payable to
"Immigration and Naturalization Service."****

where does it talk about casheirs check. Could you please provide the link?

Thanks.

You can just walk to local service center and get your EAD

One of my friend in December, Just went to SFO office and got it His. He could do so because his case was transferred to SFO.

I think the same is true in your case.

-MyGcWaiter