URGENT: EAD expiring 8/17 - no receipt yet for EAD renewal - any suggestions ?

Avi Dasgupta

Friends,

My details are: 485 ND 7/18/2001, EB2, India, Waiting for Approval. No RFE so far. currently working on EAD. EAD expires 8/17. Had applied for renewal in May (attorney fedexed INS on May 18th). No receipt yet for EAD renewal.
Not sure what happens now. The biggest question in my mind:
(a) Can i continue to work beyond 8/17 ?

Any help/suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

waitingforgodo

No Title

I know after 90 days of applying, you can go to the local INS office for an interim EAD. Check it out on I-765 intruction.

Good luck...

No Title

Hi there,
I am also in the same boat. But I have delayed i applying for EAD renewal. I was waiting for 485 approval. My ead expires on 8/23/01 and I have not applied for renewal yet. My attorney is sending the fedex on Monday, I guess. Attorney told me that it\'s OK if we apply before it expires. I think u are OK. don\'t have to worry.
GOOD LUCK.
-gem

My EAD renew took less than one month.

I applied new EAD on 06/25/2001 and received new EAD from VSC
on July 20,2001.

No receipt yet but INS approved for EAD renewal

My EAD is expiring 10/2001. I had applied for renewal in May. No receipt yet but INS approved for EAD renewal and I got the renewed EAD card.

No Title

Waitingfortogo: Your 485 ND should be 7/18/00 not 7/18/01? Plz. answer. My ND is also 7/18/00 and RD 7/06/00, EB2 Others. No RFE still waiting.
I applied for my EAD renewal on May 05,01 and VSC approved it around June 18,01.
To answer your question, you are not authorized to work beyond 8/18/01. Hopefully, U will get yr renewal by that time if everything looks good on yr application, I mean all the supporting documents are attached and the photographs are according to the INS specifications.
You can also call VSC and tell them about yr situation. They do consider such requests.

No Title

Wow. This is too good to be true. My first EAD took 100+ days and I almost missed the last train in 2000.

I hope if I renew it four months before, VSC won\'t kick my app. back. Of course, I hope my EAC 01017 gets approved before my EAD expires. So sick of this entire process.

No Title

Hi winner2,
you wrote to waitingfortogo as he can not work after his EAD expiration date even though he applied for it. I hope you read my details above I didn\'t know that I have to apply renewal before 3 to 4 months. I am applying this week for renewal. Do you have any suggestion for me? And also my attorney told me that if we apply before the expiration date it\'s OK. I\'m confused now.

No just mere application is not enough!

Gem, I\'m sorry but it is true. Even though you have applied for the renewal but still it is not sufficient. HR can say, "What if it is not approved?" It happened in my case. If U can bypass HR somehow until U receive the approval then I think U are fine. Just my guess.

No Title

winner2, yes, its 07/18/00 - sorry for the confusion. Thanks for the tips - i will try and call VSC. Of course, the very thought of trying to get through is tremendously discouraging.
gem, i have sent a request to my attorney too - he has not gotten back to me yet. He is very good - will let you know what his reply is.

No Title

phew! finally some relief - but not totally...

just received my wife\'s EAD renewal - regarding mine, my lawyer did manage to get my receipt date of 6/09 - but INS says it will take one more month to approve my EAD, although we filed together for the EAD renewal.
go figure!