URGENT - DUI & VISA REVALIDATION

mario1200

Dear Friends,

Need help urgently. I had a DUI four years ago. I Went to get my visa stamped at the consulate, they took my fingerprints, sent them to Washington DC for verification and after 2 months got my visa which expires on Sep 06, this was in 2003. I changed empolyers about 1.5 years ago, have my new I797 and have to go on a business trip to Mexico. Could any body please let me know if I have to go through the same process again? Since I was once cleared, will I have any problem this time? Will I get stuck in Mexico?

Any help will be greatly appreciated

Mario

No one can say for sure if its gonna happen again or not. But be prepared to show all the documents and proof about your case, and prepare for the worst.

Good Luck!

Hi Mario,

I am in the similar situation - i am going to India for my H1 restamping - i had DUI before my first H1B stamp and i got it stamped after 60 days and all the clearance - my question is do i still have to go through the entire process? do i have say 'YES' on question "have ever been arrested.."? - please advise - i would really appreciate your help.

Thanks,

Ashish