Urgent! CP in Dhaka, please Advice!

raza_bangla

I am from Bangladesh, my I-140 was approved three months ago, recently got an interview date (Dec 5)from Dhaka. I appllied on EB2 category, my H1 (six yrs) will expire end of this year. Will you guys please help in answering these questions.. which will help me make a decision that whether I should go or change to AOS here (which will take awfully long!)

1. Has there any impact of Sep-11 incident on CP
2. What is the rejection rate for CP processing
3. Do you think consulate may treat me differently because I am a Muslim
4. There not many posting on this board from Bangladeshi\'s, and the few postings that we have are negative, Is consulate in Dhaka is pretty bad?
5. Can consulate delay or hold someone just by saying that they are (e.g. FBI) doing background check, and it will take quiet some time..

I will really apreciate, if some one can shed some light. Thanks!

No Title

Dear raza_bangla:

The consulate cannot be biased against you only because you are
muslim.
But after the sep 11 incident , they are bund to be more cautious.
This applies to all foreign nationals ..not just muslims.
As long as you have all the documents that they have asked for ,
and get thru the FBI name checks , medical test etc you will be fine.

I have not seen anyone from Dhaka on this board .. it would be good
for you if you could find someone who has actually been to Dhaka
for CP.

all the best.

No Title

I have opted for CP in Dhaka also. Currently pending my 140 at TSC. Nice to see some one from Bangladesh. So far I heard from different sources they got it done and that was before Sept 11. I don\'t think it will make a very big impact as long you have all of your paper works in shape. I don\'t know about the name check that was earlier mentioned.

No Title

The consulate puts you thru an FBI check .. to see
if you have a record .. from what i understand its done
at the consulate itself ..nothing u can do from here .

No Title

Raja: Please let us know what ever you decide and if you are for the interview for the 5th, post your experiences.

No Title

Can you please provide information regarding your medical/vaccination for CP in Dhaka? Have you done the vacination here or plan to do it in Dhaka...

I\'m also up for CP in Dhaka.

Hi Raza,

I\'m also going for CP in Dhaka. I might get a date sometime around january. Just waiting for the date. I don\'t know if anyone has done CP in Dhaka recently. Whatever negative stories I heard so far I put them in the forum. I just wanted all to be aware of these possible happenings. Please let us know your experience as soon as you get your visa. I\'m going to Bangladesh for sure. I see no problem with CP right now.

Thanks

Advise on Dhaka CP

Hello,

There were a few cases of CP denials by an ass* Consular Officer at Dhaka! Somewhere I had that he had been transferred out!
Please verify this! Ron Gotcher mentioned that this person handles all IV cases in Dhaka and had to go to State dept. several times
for his clients to reverse this officer\'s decision!

Caution: This was reported in late August and the situation may have improved. However, if this officer is still there, I would
caution prospective CPers to be extra careful!!

An ounce of prevention is better than a pound of cure :)

unclesam

No Title

Raza-bangla:
Please let us know about your interview that was scheduled for Dec 5th as you have mentioned.

No Title

Have you heard any FBI report before going to CP in Dhaka...or Dhaka will try to get a report from FBI b/w the ages of 16 and 45. Please share your inputs.

CP in Pakistan

Has anybody done CP in Pakistan after Sept 11?

How long it takes for National Visa Centre to transfer the case to Pak Embassy?

CP PAKSITAN AFTER SEP 11

I just came back from Pakistan after successfully completed by CP on 13th of dec,the whole I-140 will take three months including the case transfer to US embassy in Islamabad from the date of filing.
Me and my two other friends also successfully completed CP in dec and jan 2002.
Once you recieved packet3 call US embassy in Islamabad and ask for the interview date they are very linent they can give you interview date of your choice without submitting packet 3.5 but you can call and let them know to send your 3.5 to your Pakistan address b/c it will go thru fedax and you will get it in 2 days you need 3.5 for medical only and duration of interview is 5 minutes,for further questions send email to wiikkii@yahoo.com,or ijaved99@yahoo.com.