URGENT - COS H1B to F1 - HELP.

stocknsurf

Registered Users (C)
Currently I am in a H1B visa and I have applied for a change of status from H1B visa to F1 visa, with the intention of higher education in the USA. The application has been already submitted to the INS and I have a case # for the same.

But now my priorities have changed and want to work full-time on an H1B rather than go to school.

Now that I have already applied for a COS from H1B to F1, how do I handle this situation? I know currently my H1B is still valid and I can continue working. But what happens if my F1 visa is approved? Does the approval of COS from H1B to F1 visa, automatically invalidate my H1B or does it still allow me to have my H1B and continue working? Do I have an option (like having multiple H1Bs, but using only one of them). ?

Now that I have already submitted the application for COS from H1B to F1, is there any way to revoke the application from the INS? (Interested in this case only if my F1 approval automatically invalidates my H1B).

Appreciate your valuable advice.

Withdraw h1 to F1

Make sure that the withdrawal is registered by calling INS.
If in spite of this if your F1 is approved you need to do a F1 to h1 and have to wait for its approval before working. Of course you can do H1 - premium then.
Another option will be to apply for H1 extension (you can have multiple H1s in hand or under process)