URGENT -CIBA others HELP

rekharajan

Registered Users (C)
My I-485 was filed on Friday. I have valid H1-B visa stamp in my passport. I may need to travel outside US for 10days on Wednesday. Is it safe??? Are there any limits that we cannot travel after filing, before I get a receipt notice.
Anyone has encountered such situation. Any data is appreciated. Thanks in advance.

No Title

As per my knowledge If you have valid H1b_visa stamp and if it doesn\'t expire by the time you return back to US, you can travel outside US with no fear.You don\'t need to carry receipt etc., As well as confirm with your attorney also.

Thanks
pak

With a valid H1B or H4........

you can travel outside the country without an AP.But, you might require an AP if your case has been approved when you are out of the country

No Title

I don\'t think it\'s a good idea to travel now without having your 484 receipt notice. I was told by my lawyer that it\'ll jeopardize your green card processing if you travel with out the receipt notice though you might have a valid H1B.

Moreover people here are suggesting about travelling with H1 and AP. That holds good only when you\'ve the 485 receipt notice. Because applying for AOS needs one to be physically present in this country.

No Title

Hi Milli,
        Thanks to everyone for replying. My question is I am physically present when I signed the I-485 papers & sent to the INS. I am travelling outside US only for a short duration. I have my valid H1-B visa for another three years.
        When travelling on H1 why is receipt notice is required. I am little confused. These days it is taking time to get the receipt notice.

See this thread...

See this thread...

sxm24 "Advice needed on 485!!" 9/7/01 11:51pm

- PCee