Urgent, can I change job after I-485 approval?

kavin

Registered Users (C)
My I-485 case was just approved. You can see the information I posted yesterday.
I need to leave my current employer in 3 months. I want to know in what condition I can leave and change job without causing any problem in the future. If my employer send me a letter to terminate the employment, what reasons are good for me. If anyone here could write out a sample letter ( from employer) here, that will be great. I really appreciate your help. It is kind of urgent.
Thank you very much.

No Title

Hello, I will not be in the office for about a week because of the meeting in town. So you could leave your phone number and I will call you back since it is more convenient.
Thanks.

No Title

I think you guys can go ahead and free ur self from your masters servitude. I think middle finger will be better, but if they are nice which is extremely rare. You can give two weeks notice.
BTW, this is a public forum you don\'t have to exchange phone nos. try doing this thru emai.

SS

No Title

I already have my passport stamped and an unrestricted social security card. I think after April 18 it is pretty safe. Gurus, is there any reason I am wrong?

No Title

Geez man! Stop being so naive. You have your passport stamped - give your employer the finger and get outta there. You don\'t owe them anything. What are they going to do? Send the INS a notice that you left? They wouldn\'t do that. Besides, in the 1% chance they want to get vindictive and do so, you can simply say that you were protecting yourself as you believed they were going to let you go or better still that they were exploiting you. THAT wouldn\'t be a difficult thing to prove.

There are tons of people who have left their employers within 15 mins of getting their passports stamped and NO one has problems.

No Title

Kavin and others, its good news for us since the new law passed we can change the jobs any time after 180 days EVEN AFTER FILING 485 though INS has not released the regulations concerning this matter but it is clear on the specfic aspect of this law ad\nd 180 day time frame.

So it is not required to stick with the blood sucker employer for 3 months after approval.

Go ahed and enjoy the freedom wish you all the best
Hanuman

No Title

atoz, 485 approval can\'t come unless it is filed, right ?
180 days after filing 485, approved or not! Pls. correct me if I\'m wrong.
aGCSeeker