Urgent:::::boston Ins Transfer

No Title

My case was transfered to BOSTON INS on 4/30/01.
Have no idea when I will be notified for an interview.

worried one.

No Title

Same here ... was expecting an approval and just heard on the AVM on 5/2 that the case has been transferred to the Boston INS.

My details:
EB3 India, PD 11/97, ND 10/99, RD 10/99, FP 3/1/2001, RFE 4/6/2001, RFE reply 4/17/2001, Transferred to Boston INS 5/2/2001

Eagerly waiting to hear from the Boston INS. Anyone have an idea how long the Boston INS would take for an interview scheduling??

No Title

Even I received a Transfer Notice from CA-INS saying \'Preliminary processing of the I-485 petition has been completed and the records have beent transfered to INS Boston. This office would schedule for an interview etc..\'

In my case, after I had filed for I-485 in Feb 2000 - changed my address from Phoenix to Boston. I was thinking that probably because of this reason too - they must have transferred to INS Boston.

Any thoughts on the interview, processing times of INS Boston etc are appreciated.

Thanks

No Title

Hello

Thanks to all for posting this message. I was gettign worried that I was the only one transferred to Boston....

My case details
EB2, India, Oct 31 1999, FP March 01
Case transferred in April 2001
Sharad

No Title

Not exactly sure ... I spoke to my attorney and he said it is routine that INS requests and RFE for cases that are older than a year. Mine was about year and a half old. My lawyer handled all the RFE issues and he did not need any info from me. He worked with my employer and got everything he needed to reply to the RFE.

No Title

Boston INS office tel no: 617-565-3879 does not work.

Called up 1-800-375-5283 and was told that the average processing time for INS Boston office is 24 months (from the day they receive it).

Any thoughts on how long it is going to take for Boston INS to schedule for an interview? Do they really go by the date of transfer or I-485 filing date ?

Anyone visited the Boston INS office? Would there be a big queue if to ask questions in person?

Thanks

No Title

The 24 month figure is incorrect. I got the same response and when I explained the situation in detail, the woman gave me a differernt ans.

if VSC time + Boston INS time > 24 months
then she can launch an enquiry.....

SO INS Boston will call you for an interview before the total exceeds 24months

No Title

Thank you, Sharad.

Atleast thats a good news. Did you call the same toll-free number ? or any other different number?

Also do you think we should walk-in to the local INS office and enquire?

- Srinivas

No Title

I think I called the same toll free number, though I cant be sure.

Walking in will be a good idea. Never hurts to hear from the horse\'s mouth....

I am consulting a lawyer on Tuesday and will get some questions answered. I will post the answers on Tuesday.
Sharad