Urgent Birth certificate question...... PLEASE HELP

Sami5

Hi,
I am portal\'s friend again writing regarding Birth certificate matters. Please help
My name for eg: Alex. J is written as Alhex.J in birth certificate which was issued 5 days after my birth in a stamp paper. I don\'t know what should I do for this.
Whether affidavit from my parents are sufficient telling that the authorities had entered wrongly. Or any formalities are there . In all my SSLC certificate and other transcripts, it\'s my correct name \'Alex\'.
Please help

Thanx,
Alex

No Title

I asked similar question to my lawyer...
he said INS can understand small typo or they
can ignore typo on the grounds of ethnic spelling
etc which can vary depending on the region/language etc...
so if you have enough time to cleanup the typo etc do it.
or just write a letter to INS balming it on regional spelling
practices etc...

No Title

The requirements with respect to the birth certificate are as follows:

1. Official birth certificate from the local municipality where the person was born. If the certificate is not in english, you should have an official translation.

2. If the BC is not available, you should provide a "NON-AVAILABILITY" certificate from the municipality and two affidavits attesting your date of birth. The affidavits can be from your parents, even though INS instructions say they should be from a third party sources.

No Title

Thankyou to INS Nightmare & 485-pending for posting ur suggestions.

Muncipality authorities told they can issue only the same name when the birth was registered. ie like ALHEX .
So i hope affidavit from my parents will be sufficient. Is it required to obtain anyother letter from muncipality by showing my transcripts and SSLC certificate.or what should i do?

Please help.

Thanx,
Alex