Urgent! AP required for emergency reason

RTRT22

Registered Users (C)
I applied for AP two months back. I haven\'t received approval yet. But now I need to make an Urgent trip to India as soon as possible because of family emergency reasons. I am planning to go to local office of INS and get AP for travel. Can someone please help me on this by letting me know what is the procedure involved at local office, what documents I need to carry to local office to get AP and any of their personal experiences at local INS offices for getting AP. I will be going to Dallas,TX local INS office.

Thanks in advance for all your help.

No Title

I got it from Philadelphia INS in 1999.It\'s easy procedure and get it
within 3 days by mail(by person, same day).Submitted on Monday and received on Thurday.
I485 Approval copy & Form.(Forgot form number)

No Title

Go to local INS office with copies of all the paperwork and you should get in 24 hours. ALSO KEEP YOUR AIRLINE TICKETS AS A PROOF.
Best Luck

No Title

you should bring the following:
1. passport
2. $95 money order for application fee
3. copy of I-485 notice letter
4. any document to prufe you have not illegally stay in this country over 180 days.

you should fill out the application form for AP too.

hope this helps.

No Title

As long as your H1 is valid on your passport there is no need of AP. I traveled 3 times without AP. I never got any problem. In 2 scenario I was working for different company and my H1 was of old company. I just showd them approval notice. They never asked me about stamping nor AP. Don\'t worry and don\'t ask to anybody(those who just give there opinion without any knowledge) they will scare you.

No Title

Thanks a lot for your responses. More specifically for responding so fast. I do have a valid H1B visa on my passport. But it expires 40 days after my scheduled return to US from India. I was concerned that officer at port of entry might create problem regarding this, because I read somewhere that they usually look for H1B visa validity of at least 90 more days when we return to US. If I show proof of filing of EAD and my original I485 receipt, will that satisfy officer at port of entry and not create problem about less than 90 days validity of H1B visa?

Thanks once again for all your help.

No Title

Do you have approval notice of extended H1-B? If you have then just show them approval notice which has validity atleast 90 days.