URGENT: AP mailed but not received, want to travel

search_2002us

Registered Users (C)
I have my flight for 18th February and my online status shows that AP was mailed on 9th of Feb. Have not received it yet and today is 16th Feb.
Can i go to the INS office in SFO and can they provide me an emergency/temporary AP card.
Thanks in advance.

If your AP has already been approved then you have to wait for it to come in hand before you leave the country. The INS office will not give you an eAP because of your AP being approved.

Does the status read "approved" or "mailed". If it reads "approved", it will first to to the printing center, might take up to several weeks to get to you.

Hi My 3rd AP approved and mailed on 3rd Feb not recd yet. Today is 16th. Yours mailed 9th Feb. Mine earlier than urs....not recd yet.:( :confused:

Its very erratic. could take anywhere from couple of days to couple of weeks.

Since it has already been approved (before you actually left...), you may travel without having it in hand. You can make arrangements for getting it couriered to you out side US whenever it is received here.

BUT -> THERE HAS BEEN CASES WHERE AP WAS APPARENTLY MAILED BY INS BUT NEVER RECEIVED BY THE BENEFICIARY. YOU ARE SURE TO RUN INTO PROBLEMS IF THIS HAPPENS TO YOU.

good luck.

Mine was mailed on Jan 31st - still haven't received it yet.

If you don't get it in tomorrow's mail, reschedule the flight. It is a minor nuisance and small cost compared to potential trouble in case you never receive it. The chances of not receiving your AP notice are next to zilch, but it may happen. It happened with my 2nd EAD, I never got it and had to go for a replacement.

Mine took about 9 - 14 days after showing up as approved.

I would go with the safer alternative of postponing the trip till I received the AP in hand. It is too risky otherwise. Never know if the mail will be delivered.