Urgent! Ap Approved But Not Mailed

eugene

Hello all,

Me and my wife are planning to travel overseas on december 31st. The problem is we haven't received her AP yet. From both avm and the online check the message says that the RFE was received on september 3 and they would resume. Since we didn't get any response afterwards, we decided to go to the local ins (atlanta office) and try to get a temporary ap. The officer who helped her, said that the AP had being approved since september 6th!!! and he could not do anything because of that. So we called Texas to try to talk to an IIO. The IIO confirms that it has being approved, but no one bothered to mail it!!!!????? She said that she was going to bring to someone's attention and it would be soon in our hands. The problem is that it is not in our hands yet. It's been over 2 weeks now!!!! I called TSC again this week and the IIO told me that it still hasnt being mailed, and she couldn't do much about it because the computer does the mailing!!??

Has anyone being trough a similar experience?

We are really desperate and in need to go overseas, so I was considering have my wife visit TSC personallly and get the AP. Would that work? anyone knows?

Try going to TSC personally, that being your only option really other than just sit and wait.

hi could you tell me something about the letter we have to write and send with the ap application...............thanks

I’m here with you. Mine said that notice was approved on Nov. 27. Upon multiple conversations with illiterate bafoons that work in Dallas office found out that it was allegedly mailed on Dec10th. Today is 19th and I have squat!!!!! Spent whole Tuesday and got some guy that had to call for help to retrieve my case. Told me to wait couple of days and blamed it on Holiday mail delays. Fu**ing right… mail… I already missed my flight and had to shell out another 2K for another ticket… Still no AP…

My AP was approved almost 5 months ago - my wife's generated an RFE. On Oct 15th they got the docs of the RFE. Finally they said it was approved on Nov 19 but the messages did not change. We were to go on a trip to India and I made the trip alone as it was an emergency. Finally my lawyer received it by mail today and the message changed today as well.

Some observations
- looks like they sent it for approval when the officer says it is approved
- takes 1 month after this process for them to mail it

- :confused:

No point raising your BP over this - make sure you have your docs in hand when you leave - what if it gets lost in the mail.