prasaud

Registered Users (C)
Here are the details of my US immigration status:

EB2, PRIORITY DATE: AUG 2001
----------------------------------------------------------
I 140 - Approved in May 2006
I 485 - Applied and pending since May 2006, Vermont service center
At present working on EAD and re-entry permit is Advance Paroll

I have contacted US senators office and Vermont service center and from both side I got the same response that my case is pending because of some security clearance, My case has already passed the processing dates, which is now August 2006 for EB2

My Canada immigration status:
I have been approved for canadian PR. Immigrant Visa expires in 3 days and have to land in canada within 3 days from now

QUESTION:
---------------------------------------------------------
Can I land in Canada and re-enter US using Advance Paroll, without jeopardizing my US-GC process. Please advise. Should I land in Canada?

Anyone in the same situation Please share your experience

Thanks

Here are the details of my US immigration status:

EB2, PRIORITY DATE: AUG 2001
I 140 - Approved in May 2006
I 485 - Applied and pending since May 2006, Vermont service center
At present working on EAD and re-entry permit is Advance Paroll

I have contacted US senators office and Vermont service center and from both side I got the same response that my case is pending because of some security clearance, My case has already passed the processing dates, which is now August 2006 for EB2

My Canada immigration status:
I have been approved for canadian PR. Immigrant Visa expires in 3 days and have to land in canada within 3 days from now

QUESTION:
---------------------------------------------------------
Can I land in Canada and re-enter US using Advance Paroll, without jeopardizing my US-GC process. Please advise. Should I land in Canada?

Anyone in the same situation Please share your experience

Thanks

Well, i should say tricky situation. You can visit Canada and while returning at US Port of entry, IO might not like you being Canada PR and having pending GC in US. US don't like one having both US and Canada PR as well.
I guess you need to be prepared with those kind of question at Port of entry.

I have heard about IO's being rude if you have canadian PR and US gc.

I had the same situation. I landed by road (queenston-Lewesistin), they did not care about that

MADANST,

Thanks for your quick response, I do have a valid H1 visa until 2008 but I have started using EAD and started working for another company using AC21. Do you see any problem. I am planning to land through Windsor tunnel

Thanks
Hara

You need to use AP to come back to US.

I dont see much problem. Be truthful to the Canadian Immigration officers.
Generally they dont care your status in USA.

Madan,

Thanks for your quick reply, your reply is giving me a little confidence. Can you please post your landing experience? I know its last moment but Please post your landing exp. or please send me a private message with your landing experience and the questions that were asked to you

Thanks

Madan,

Thanks for your quick reply, your reply is giving me a little confidence. Can you please post your landing experience? I know its last moment but Please post your landing exp. or please send me a private message with your landing experience and the questions that were asked to you

Thanks

When you have H1 b visa then why do you want to travel to Canada on AP? Just travel on H1B visa and you should be fine. I have done that before. I had no problem except IO being little rude and said that Canadian PR can not have H1B in US. Yea it sounded ridiculous to me as well then.

thanks Hopeofgc,

But as i mentioned earlier, I am not on H1 anymore. I am using my EAD to work and have Advanced Paroll. Please advise

Thanks

Prasaud,

Go to the Canadian immigration section of this same website, there's a lot of information on people's experience in landing in Canada