Urgent--Any Body is Using 180 days Rule

gchyd

Registered Users (C)
I got laid off today from my company and I applied I-485 in March-2001 and I got EAD/AP and also I completed my FP. Please let me know any body is using 180 day rule, what is the procedure to use 180 day rule.

180 days Rule

It is very simple now. You just find another job with in same field for which your labor has been approved and join the new company. The new regulation says that you have to notify INS with an employee letter that you have changed your job. The letter should show your new title, salary and job profile.

I know that few people are waiting to receive an RFE to send the new employer letter.

Thanks

I was laid off too........and am now relying on the 180 days rule

I filed for AOS in Dec. 1999 and got laid off in Jan 2001, am now with another company - my job description, title etc. are very similar to what I was doing previously.......and I guess there should be no problem.........I am waiting for my approval still.

EB3, PD - Sept. 1997, ND - Dec. 1999

Good Luck!!

Is there any gap between your job change?

TiredWaiting,

Do you have any gap between your job change? How long is it? I mean from the layoff day to the start day of new job. How long does it take you? Thanks.

Qixin Zuo