Urgent: Aiport Transit Visa (DATV) for UK with expired H4 Visa

jigneshs

Hello experts,

I had an urgent question, as I have to buy my air travel tickets today. My H1-B Visa and my wife's H4 visa has expired in last month. We are planning to go to India to get the Visa renewed. I have the I-797 C approval notice for H1-B extension; however I did not apply for I-539 (H4 extension). (I shall directly apply for H4 visa in India).

I have to travel via London, and as per British law, I shall have to get Airport Transit Visa for my wife. However, I wonder whether the expired H4 visa will cause any problem in acquiring the ATV? I had called up British premium Visa enquiry services, and they suggested that I get official H4 extension approval notice from INS to guarantee successful visa application. I do not have time to get an approval for H4 extension, as my wife is traveling month end.

I wanted to check with you guys, whether any of you had any experience in this respect. My gut feeling says it shd not matter since it is just an ATV which does not allow the passenger to travel outside the airport, so UK consulate should not mind giving an ATV.

Any help you may provide would be appreciated.

Thanks
Jignesh

Hello,
I was travelling with my daughter six months back in British Airways to India. H1 Visa and H4 Visa stamped in our passports expired. We went to India to get our visas stamped. I had new approved I129 and I539 notices. I haven't got UK Transit visa. In Chicago airport when I went to check in they said that I should have valid U.S.Visa stamped in our passports or we should have valid UK Transit visas to switch flight in UK. I told that I am not going out of the airport and they never listen to that. Then they rerouted me to go to Delhi by AA. I faced lot of issues in Chicago airport with my daughter. Because of rerouting I lost all my luggages and the trip was really a very very hectic one. Better get UK transit visa and plan your travel.
Akil

follow up

Hey
have you been rejected on your I-539 application? After denied, did you travel to india?

Could you please let me know, if you had applied for H4's I-539 before you travel out

If not, you preferred to board out yourself, in this case - why cant u prefer some otherairlines than via UK? May be Frankfurt etc?

Thanks
Sunil

Guys
case of my bro - his DATV got rejected.
Along with DATV form he sent passport, EAD, AP - all originals. Forgot attaching Itinerary.
REceived an email stating that DATV rejected from UK embassy ? What are they smoking?

Any one else, for whom DATV transit visa got rejected ?

Guys
case of my bro - his DATV got rejected.
Along with DATV form he sent passport, EAD, AP - all originals. Forgot attaching Itinerary.
REceived an email stating that DATV rejected from UK embassy ? What are they smoking?

Any one else, for whom DATV transit visa got rejected ?

The most crucial document, Itinerary was not provided, so logically the case for Direct Airside Transit Visa does not exist. How can one prove that they are transiting without showing evidence ? They did the right thing. Or is there something else ?

UK transit Visa denied

My wife has an advance parole and she is travelling on the same with 2 infants . we have applied for a UK transit visa and they rejected the reason they mentioned on the letter is " I am not satisfied that you qualify for such a visa as you have not shown a valid entry visa for your country of destination. Additionally there are direct flights available from India to US so you have not shown why you need to transit the UK en route to your destination.

We have sent the original Advance parole and the itinerary along with the application.

Experts please advice, if she can re apply ? My parents are travelling with her and we have confirmed tickets for all of them .

Thanks in advance.