Urgent Advise Needed

gc_mushy

Registered Users (C)
Q.My passport is from Mumbai. I did my education in Hyderabad. I am currently holding Canadian PR. In my I-140 I asked for Montreal. Now NVC assigned me MDR (Madras/Chennai). I am not able to understand the reason behind this. Any thoughts based on exprerience is greatly appreciated.
A. By default the First 3 characters of a CP case are assigned based on cp interview location which in turm is based on the permanent address in the primary candidates passport. Since you are a Canadian PR maintaining status and you had requested Montreal you should have been assigned a Montreal based cp case number. You may want to call NVC and inform them of this MDR number and that you are Canadian resident holding BMB issued passport. And they should be able to make necessary changes. If NVC does not entertain your request which is likely, then have your attorney follow up with written request to make necessary changes. You should by default be eligible for Bombay interview or as requested Montreal interview due to Canadian residency!
Q.I talked to my attorney regarding the case number. They told me that they will contact NVC. It seems they are little slow with the process. Can I call up NVC and explain them the situation to change the case number. Does this sound beneficial or just wait for attorney to nail down the issue.
A. This is something only an attorney can take care off it. So sit tight and wait for the change to take place!

Q. As per my questions above, I talked to my attorney and she is in process of changing the consulate from Madras to Montreal because of my Canadian PR. Because of slow processing by my attorneys office and she being on vacation, I feel I am losing time. If I prefer to go to Madras to save some time, is it advisable. Need advise from you guys.