URGENT ADVICE NEEDED - Ginnu and all other experts !!!

gcinus

Registered Users (C)
Here's a snapshot of my case history:

EB3/Labor Substitution/VSC
I-140 filed in July 2002
I-485 filed (concurrently, while I-140 was still pending) in September 2002.
RD - October 10, 2002.
I-140 Approved in February 2003
EAD/AP approved in April 2003
Finger printing (first) done in November 2003.
EAD renewal applied in December 2003.
EAD renewal approved in May 2004.
I-485 case transferred to district office in Chicago in March 2004.

Right now, I have received an appointment notice for an interview on the 10th of August. My questions in this regard are:

1. I've been asked to "Appear with your petitioner on 08/10/04 at 8.00 AM . . . . . ." - Does anybody know, who is referred to as the "petitioner"? Is this my employer? If so, I don't think I would be able to have the employer come with me for the interview for 2 reasons; a) since they are a large corporation and based in a different state and b) I am no longer working for the employer that filed my green card. I recently joined another company, less than 2 months ago, (well after the 180 day period after I-140/I-485), and have not yet invoked the AC21 portability.

Experts, pls. advise me on this. I really could do with all the help that I can get.

2. I've been asked to bring "Certified Court Dispositions - for all arrests, no matter how long ago the arrest occurred" - What do I do regarding this? I have never been arrested or had any issues with law. Pls. let me know how I should respond to this.

Will keep you all posted on the details after the interview.

Thanks and good luck to all others in-waiting . . there is light at the end of the tunnel!!!!

gcinus

Sorry, I cannot answer your question. But I am kind of in the same boat so would like to ask you some question. I am now in Philly and my case was transfered to Philly local two days ago. However, I will change my job next month and move to Illinois. My attorney did file AC21 for me in my former REF response(after I submit REF, they transfered my case). So I may have to ask Philly local to transfer my case to Chicago. I heard chicago is very slow, and almost one year slower than Philadelphia(according to UICIS website). Therefore, I am really hesitate to give my new address in Illinois to Philly local office. Plus I saw your post which is really starnge requirement for an interview.

my question is: actully chicago is very efficient to deal with interview or you are just luck to get the interview in such short time?
I try to track the records for Chicago transfers, but they are really not so active as in those from VSC.

Good luck with your interview. Please share information.

For what I understand ;

1, Petitioner for I 485, is ONLY you. and NOT your employer.
2, Could be a police report.

Post the same in I485 forum also. will get more attention.

its just my opinion. BTW .. tell me your last name ...