Urgent - Advance Parole Letter

Lisarai2003

Registered Users (C)
Guys, I am trying to apply for advance parole by myself and was wondering if anyone has the format of the letter accompanied with the Advance Parole Form (I-131). Any help would be highly appreciated.

You don't need to send any letter with AP form, just fill the form, send photos, check for the reqd. amount, etc. Hope I have not missed out anything..

Originally posted by Lisarai2003
Guys, I am trying to apply for advance parole by myself and was wondering if anyone has the format of the letter accompanied with the Advance Parole Form (I-131). Any help would be highly appreciated.

Format Letter

Here is the format of letter I attached when applying for AP Renewal......Got Approved
RD:10/15/02
ND:10/23/02
AD:11/05/02
EAC 03-018-5****

Dec xx,xxxx

Immigration and Naturalization Service
Vermont Service Center
75 Lower Welden Street
Saint Albans, VT 05479-0001

RE: I-131 Travel Document Renewal for Mr. XXXXXXXXX

Dear Sir or Madam:

In connection with the above-captioned matter, enclosed please find an original/photocopy of each of the following documents.

I-131 APPLICATION AND SUPPORTING DOCUMENTS FOR MR. xxx:

COPY OF I-485 RECEIPT NOTICE.
Copy of Photo Identification Documents (Employment Authorization Card).
Copy of the Approved Travel Document.
Check payable to INS for $110.
Form I-131: Application for Travel Document.
Two photographs

If you should have any questions, please feel free to contact us.

Very truly yours,

Name
Address

Last edited by a moderator:
Sorry Lisarai2003,

I didn't realize that you meant a covering letter. I was thinking about employment letter. What kt41 has written is perfect, you can add your A# in the subject as it's easier to track for them.

Thanks

I just included my explanation in the cover letter. I wrote something like:

Explanation for requesting Advance Parole:
As an adjustment of status applicant, I kindly request the issuance of the Advance Parole Travel Document to enable me travel to India where my parents live. Due to their old age and failing health I might need to visit India at short notice.

Lisa

Here is what we wrote and it worked

"
I qualify for Advance Parole since I have a separate I-485 (adjustment of status) application for permanent residence filed with INS.

I have been away from my family since XX-XX-XX and I would like to visit my family in [COUNTRY].
"

Signature ____________ NAme __________ Date _______