Urgent - Advance Parole at Boston Office

feb12rd

Registered Users (C)
Hi everyone,

My AP RD is 09/23/03 and already cancelled India program once. I am getting tickets for Jan. 31 (leaving) from Boston. I am planning to go to Boston Office tomorrow for my AP. Is there anybody who has tried to get AP from Boston Office (whether successful or not). If you can share your experience, that would be great. Its more than 4 months we applied for AP (09/11/03 mailed date by certified mail).
I will post my experience tomorrow or on Friday.
Thanks everyone.

Regards,
feb12RD.

I just checked my AP status and it says it was approved yesterday, both for me and wife.
My AP ND was 10/02/03.

Goober

Congratulatons Goober. You r lucky otherwise it seems that VSC has kind of stopped issuing AP's. I don't know if that is something to do with the new version (09/19/03) of I-131 form. I had filled the older version as I had mailed my application on 09/11/03.
Goober can you tell us if you have filled the older or newer version of I-131 form.
Thanks in advance for your response.

feb12RD.

Another thing guys, probably I have to cancel my tomorrow's trip to Boston office as I just came to know that I have to attend a very important meeting at 10 AM tomorrow in my office, which cannot be rescheduled as it is already rescheduled once. Now, probably I will go in the 1st or 2nd week of February as I am in a training next week. I will post my experience whenever I will visit Boston Office.
feb12RD.

I printed the form from the BCIS website sometime in September 03. Filled it out and mailed it in. How can i tell if it was the old version or the new one?
I mailed out AP and EAD for me and wife all in one package.
Hope this info. helps.

Goober

I applied for AP on 10/27. After reading this thread, I realized that I have sent them the old form. However, I just checked the new I-131 form and it says the following on page-3:

Form I-131 (Rev. 09/19/03) N Prior versions may be used until 12/31/03

Hope this helps

WIN

whats_in_name

I agree with you that the older version can be used till 12/31/03 and I have applied even before the new version came on 09/19/03 (I applied on 09/11/03).
My only concern is if they are holding on the older version and processing the newer version application due to some kind of ease (don't know, just a thought). I had seeing people are sitting from August for AP.

Thanks for writing in.

feb12RD.

also older version on the website

used to say that it is valid uptill 31st Dec 2003.
So you can used any one it should not matter.
Also Feb12rd Pls dont forget to post ur exp. B'coz our enitre family wants to go boston for early AP as we all are waiting for approval to come.

so would wait for your exp.

Thanks

gsingh72

Since July 28 !!!. u r going to complete 6 months next week for your AP. In September, 2002 time frame some lucky guys were getting their I-485 in 9 months.

What these VSC guys are doing these days. Just taking out money from our bank. We should open a non-profit organization for collecting some dollars for these guys.
JO DE OOSKA BHEE BHALA, JO NA DE OOSKA BHEE BHALA.

Good Luck to everyone of us.

Advance Parole

I am planning to apply for AP. I have a question before I do that. I got EAD that expires in July 2004. If I apply for AP now and apply for EAD renewal in March can I get the AP for one year or only upto the current EAD valid date of july 2004? I cannot get an extension of H1B because my current employer is different from the GC sponsor and my My six year term of H1B expires in November 2004. Please advice me the course of action.

Re: Advance Parole

Vanrkr,

I don't think there is any relationship between the dates of EAD and AP. Usually you got both good for one year.
Hope this helps.

feb12RD.

Originally posted by feb12rd
whats_in_name

I agree with you that the older version can be used till 12/31/03 and I have applied even before the new version came on 09/19/03 (I applied on 09/11/03).
My only concern is if they are holding on the older version and processing the newer version application due to some kind of ease (don't know, just a thought). I had seeing people are sitting from August for AP.

Thanks for writing in.

feb12RD.

Im waiting for it since JULY 2003.;.. :( what could be worse!!!

Originally posted by gsingh72
Waiting for AP at VSC from 28 July '03. :(

i am in the same boat as u :(:( please let me know when u get approved..also have to thought about reapplying at the local office?? i was wondering if thats possible!! i hope u get yours soon..n i hope i get mine soon too..please keep me posted...thanks