urgent address question

asylee123ia

Registered Users (C)
Hi everyone
I am new to this forum. I have my initial interview for green card in 4 days. The problem is that they (INS) has been communicating with me through my relative's address. What should I tell them during my interview if they ask me where I live? (I live in a different city which is about an hour away from my relative's house). will that be a problem if I tell them the truth.
I was granted asylum in 2000 but am stuck in the name check process. That is the reason I gave my relative address to them because I was moving alot.
Everyone's input is very much appreciated.

I would say them the truth. I moved recently, just recently and have not changed the address with them yet because waited for interview. Good luck.

Rustik,
You have provided the most dangerous answer ever given.
if you are not a US citizen, and you have move, you MUST notified the USCIS within 10 days (this is mandatory).

No one knows that you have moved, but you and you relatives keep it quite, and be smarter, do your interview, confirm with them that you live in the same address. After your interview do a change of address.

I am not asking you to lie, but you broke the Law, you avoid troubles for your self.
Best Luck.

thanks guys for the response.
To give you alittle more info. My last W2s and tax return are to my current adderess. My driver's lisence is that of my relative's.
So I can't really tell them that I moved recently because of my W2s and tax return.
In the meantime, I think they might become suspicious if I tell them that I live with my relatives because they will look at my W2s and tax returns and the fact that I work in a different city. To make things even more complicated, the INS requires paystab from the last 2 months, and guess what all my paystab has my current address.
I have always considered my relative's address as my permanent address, but the question is wether INS will consider that my permanent address.
Please help, I am stuck.

Last edited by a moderator:
thanks guys for the response.
To give you alittle more info. My last W2s and tax return are to my current adderess. My driver's lisence is that of my relative's.
So I can't really tell them that I moved recently because of my W2s and tax return.
In the meantime, I think they might become suspicious if I tell them that I live with my relatives because they will look at my W2s and tax returns and the fact that I work in a different city. To make things even more complicated, the INS requires paystab from the last 2 months, and guess what all my paystab has my current address.
I have always considered my relative's address as my permanent address, but the question is wether INS will consider that my permanent address.
Please help, I am stuck.

I accompanied someone to the interview with the same situation as yours. She did not have her most current address indicated in the application and was not aware of the requirement to notify USCIS of her address change. The officer simply asked her to provide her new address at the interview which she did and did not say anything else.

I forgot to add , if by any means this scares you do your self a favor and do a change of address online or download AR-11 and mail it tomorrow
Good luck again and stop worrying , you'll be fine