Urgent- Accompany Question

april_ND

Registered Users (C)
My husbands parents are in India (Chennai) right now. His mother's brother is in United states and is a U.S citizen. He sponsored my husband's mother about 10-15 yrs back for Green Card. There case became current and they attended the interview yesterday in the US Embassy in Chennai(India). Everybody in my husband's family attended the interview ie,
His parents and his sister.

My husband's sister turned 21 yrs few days back. The people in the US consulate mentioned that she has to enter the U.S with the sponsor (who is
my husband's mother) within 45 days after she turned 21. She is
currently finishing up her Under grad and she mentioned
that it might be hard for her to take off now and come to US.

We have is to ask her to come here on a quick trip and get her Green Card and go back. If she has to do that can that all be done within a week or so?. Does the sponsor also need to accompany her?

Does sister's mother need to travel with her? or can she come by herself ?

Let me put down my case in front of you, maybe that'll help you figure out some parts of your answer

My uncle, who has lived all his life in US, sponsored my dad about 20 years ago. At the time my dad's case got current, i was 2 weeks shy of reaching 21. On basis of my dad i would've got the greencard, however, my dad had to accompany me to US. So, my dad, mom and me, we flew to US. Subsequently, he got his greencard and mine just followed.

Hope you can get some kind of lead.

Take care,