URGENT 485 Denied

newkid

Registered Users (C)
Hello,
My 485 was denied.

The reason being my original 'A' company was aquired by another company 'B' who started my GC process and they put the name of 'B' for the period I was with 'A'.

What can I do about this ?

My problem is now I started working independently from Jan 06 with Company 'C' for fixed term employment and the lawyer advised me not to do AC21 since I had medical RFE in Dec 05 and they thought it was not required.

So we do AC21 as well ?

What are my options ? How much time I have ?

Can anyone suggest me names of good lawyers ?

Thanks ,

Thanks for getting back . Heres the exact denial notice,

You did not maintain your status/or worked without authorization.
The application states that you were employed by
comapny 'B' from April 'xxxx'. However, the approval notice which covers that
period is for company 'A'.

I checked the paperwork I had and my GC application does state I was with company 'B' (even when I was with company 'A') but on my earlier H1 notice, it is mentioned the company 'B' aquired 'A' .

Hope this gives better idea. Let me know if you need any more info,
Thanks,

Thanks I appreciate your reply.

When you do MTR do you have to give all the proof (w2 etc.)? or just that you want it to be reopened and then supply all the information later .

Can you suggest any good lawyers (who have preferably dealt with situation like this ) in SF bay area ?

I checked my GC paperwork, it indeed says I worked for company 'B' (yuk)
but my H1 paperwork through 'B' lists company 'A' in the list of aquired companies.

Hi,

Could you please check in which form did you say that you worked for company "B"? I remember that there is no employment history in the 485 form. Thanks!

newkid,

could you please let me know what was the duration(worked with Corp A) for which Corp B said you worked for Corp B.

Thanks,
aks999

allaboutgc said:
Hi,

Could you please check in which form did you say that you worked for company "B"? I remember that there is no employment history in the 485 form. Thanks!

G-325A

Newkid,

Could you please verify that it is the G325A which causes the problem? Do you think they also looked at your ETA750 paper? Thanks a lot!