Urgent! 2nd fp notice only for me.

Dreamcometrue

Registered Users (C)
Friends,

Today I received a 2nd FP notice asked to finish it by Aug.30 at Alexandria office but received only mine. Not for my son and wife. I would like to finish my family's 2nd FP by tomorrow if possible, because my son must attend a college class from next week. The college is located too far from my home. It's very hard to ask him to come back home later only for FP as skipping of his class for 2 days at least. In this case, my family culd be allowed to do 2nd FP by showing up the notice of mine?
Is there anyone experience to redo family's FP with primariry applicant's notice only? Appreciate you any comments.

RD:Nov.2001
1 FP: Apr.2002.

you might try

if you have a copy for your 1st FP notice. If not, just explain. I read a post in this board a guy with the same situation did it without the FP notice. Good luck

If it is Alexandria, VA then I dont think they'll allow you to do the finger printing earlier than the scheduled date. We are scheduled for 9/12 and we tried to do it yesterday. The lady there was very particular, not to mention a bit rude and told us to come back on the scheduled date. When I tied to sell her the usual vacation plan crap, she told me that we'll have 3 months after the scheduled date to come and get it done.

But you have nothing to lose in giving it a try. Who knows may be there'll be someone else with a sympathetic ear.

cmr

Hello,
I believe it is tough to do FP without notice. But try a shot. By the way, What I understand is that your son is attending college while he is waiting for GC. Is he a full time student or part time? If he is full time, does he need status change, I mean from the current status to international student( I-20). Can you explain
Thanks
Swathy

I was in the same boat but the Immigration Officer at the ASC (in IL though) allowed my wife to be fingerprinted as well. I suggest you take along your family members (and the receipt of the 1st FP for all of them) and explain to the person incharge there. In all likelihood, they will let them be fingerprinted as well.

They did not allowed my wife and son to do 2nd FP. Even never try to listen my son's situation. Just returned home with a frustration and my son left his college. No way but waiting for the notice. Friends, don't try 2nd FP without a notice if the application center is Alexandria, VA. It's a wasting time and useless.

Originally posted by Dreamcometrue
They did not allowed my wife and son to do 2nd FP. Even never try to listen my son's situation. Just returned home with a frustration and my son left his college. No way but waiting for the notice. Friends, don't try 2nd FP without a notice if the application center is Alexandria, VA. It's a wasting time and useless.

Dreamcometrue,

I have similar situation except that it was my wife that received the notice while I didn't. Even though I tried several times to both local office and support center, still can't either generate the fp notice or do the fp without the notice. Please post if you can make any progress.

dream,

I tried to give my finger prints early at Alexandria ASC on Saturday, needless to mention I was not allowed to do so. When did you go there, is that centre open on Sundays too?

cmr