Urgent 2 questions on citizenship

rajeev1973

Registered Users (C)
Hi,
I am applying for citizenship tomorrow:

1) I got my green card on Dec 14, 2001. I have spent about 300 days outside of US in last 5 years. 182 days in 2005 and about 120 days in 2006. My last trip was from Jul1-Jul20. I have never been out for > 4 months in a single trip.
Can I apply tomorrow (Sep 16)? (3 months before 5 years)

2) The photo that I have measures 1.5*2 inches, frontal. Meets other requirements e.g. my face is 1 inches in height.

These are stupid questions but I did search the forum and couldn't find the answer.

thanks for your help.

As long as no single trip was more than 6 months, you can apply anytime from now.

Fro picture, I suggest you go to shops telling camera man that you want to take 2 passport photos and they know how to do it.

Yes, go out, get new "passport" pictures. Spend the extra 15 or 20 dollars to get good pictures so that your application stays in the "fast lane".

It appears that the USCIS can be quite efficient as long as your processing hits no snags. Hit a snag and, well, get used to waiting.

Flydog said:
Yes, go out, get new "passport" pictures. Spend the extra 15 or 20 dollars to get good pictures so that your application stays in the "fast lane".

It appears that the USCIS can be quite efficient as long as your processing hits no snags. Hit a snag and, well, get used to waiting.

Take a good picture and stays in the fast lane? Are you drunk? Never heard of it.

No, but take a bad picture, have someone look at it and send you a notice saying something like "get new pictures" and you may end up in the slow lane.

Nothing can "keep" you in the fast lane. Any screwup, on your part, on their part on another party's (like the FBI) part, and you get to find out how slow the slow lane really is.

I have to say I agree with Flydog. Why would anybody knowingly send in undersized pictures when we all know how picky USCIS can be, plus they publish the specs right there on their website.