Upgrading A Petition

sbkp2006

Registered Users (C)
Someone ever had upgraded their petition file to immidiate relative..??

In other words, if any one had petition file for their spouse when you were LPR (Green Card) and after becoming citizen upgraded the file..????
If anyone had gone through this experiance please share..!!

What do you write in letter...!!????

I just sent them a letter explaining the need to upgrade I-130 from 2A to IR, attached a copy of citizenship certificate as well as a copy of a recent I-130 notice with LIN# number on it. Sent it to the service center that is currently processing the case (it was transferred from NSC to CSC).

thanks..!

Thanks Scarlethawk for your response.!

Can you tell me, was your file at NVC.??? It looks like it was..!
My file is not with NVC, it has reached to the foreign embassy. When I called NVC they told me to send the proof directely to the embassy. I was wondering after I do that how long it will take..???
While you just have send it, can you tell me what you wrote in the letter, please.???

Thanks..!!

i see

Thanks,
But did you have petition file??? Was that for your family member.?? I thought it goes to NVC (National Visa Center)..!

Could you advice me with letter..???

My understanding is that I-130 application goes to the appropriate service center (NSC, CSC, etc) first. After approval there, it goes to the NVC. The NVC than forwards it to local counslate in the final step of the process.

I will try to dig up that letter a little later.

scarlethawk said:
I will try to dig up that letter a little later.

Here is what I sent ...

<Date>

California Service Center
2nd Floor, 24000 Avila Road,
Laguna Niguel, CA 92607

Ref: Upgrading I-130 petition (LIN -XX-XXX-XXXXX) to IR category

Dear Sir/Madam,

I am now a US citizen and would like to upgrade my wife's I-130 petition from 2A to IR category.

Case Details:

Petitioner: <My Name>
Beneficiary: <My Wife's Name>
Old Preference Category: F2A, Spouse of LPR
New Preference Category: Immediate Relative (as wife of a US citizen)
Case Number: LIN-XX-XXX-XXXXX

A copy of my naturalization certificate and a copy of I-797 (notice of action for I-130) are enclose within.

Regards,

<My Name>
<contact info>

Thanks..!

Thanks a lot..!!

I really appreciated..!!
Now I don't know how long it will take to actual get the visa call..!
I hope someone has gotten approval in past could let us know.!

Good Luck with your wife's upgrading..!!

HI Scarlethawk.// I just read your post which was posted long time back...i dont knw if u will be checking it anmymore..if you do could u please answer to this qeation i hve...I am in a similar situation as you once were. My spouse will be a USC after few weks. I am NOT in the US at the moment..however my I-130 was approved few weeeks back. Now we are thinking of upgrading once my spouse becomes a citizen. IF you did the same thing..how long did it take for your spouse to get there? I am still waiting for the whole process it end and get to go to the US. please help me.
Thanks alot.