Updating N-400 at interview

suresh_colo

Registered Users (C)
For those of you who have already passed your interview and had to update your N-400 form during the interview, what is the right moment to present an updated section of your N-400? Is it just before the interview starts or is it after the IO puts you under oath?

Going back to my application I noticed that I forgot to mention a couple of overseas trips (my passport never got stamped coming back to the US for a couple of trips). I fixed that part of the application and am taking the updated section with me for the interview.
At what point should I present that updated section to the IO?

Does updating the N-400 form during the interview delay your approval in any way?

Thanks,
suresh_colo

I went thru this

For those of you who have already passed your interview and had to update your N-400 form during the interview, what is the right moment to present an updated section of your N-400? Is it just before the interview starts or is it after the IO puts you under oath?

Going back to my application I noticed that I forgot to mention a couple of overseas trips (my passport never got stamped coming back to the US for a couple of trips). I fixed that part of the application and am taking the updated section with me for the interview.
At what point should I present that updated section to the IO?

Does updating the N-400 form during the interview delay your approval in any way?

Thanks,
suresh_colo

I can just tell you from my experience. I had taken a 6 weeks overseas trip last summer while I was waiting for my interview.
When the IO was going over my application, he asked me if I had taken any additional overseas trips since I first submitted my N-400 application. I told him yes and gave him the information he needed such as departure and arrival dates and the places I visited.
If I were you, just tell the officer what he asks you for. There is no need for you to go out of your way to give him information that the IO is not asking for coz you never know that could for further delay your case by weeks/months....God knows.
FYI, I had recently started a project few months back in east coast but my N-400 application said that I was still working for this other company in southeast. I was thinking for a second that I should give him the updated and most current information so that he could update his records, but somehow I decided to keep my lips sealed at all times and just gave him the info he was asking for. Simple as that :) and guess what it worked for me. If you think about it, you didn't lie either.

Last edited by a moderator: