Updates:Did you file your 140&485 before Sept 30th 2005 retro deadline?

Hi,

Labor PD: April, 2002 (Sub)
I140, I1485 - RD - 09/26/2005 ND - 10/07/2005
I140 RFE : 01/10/2006(ATP) AD : 04/22/2006
I485 : AD: ??/??/????
FP(Code 3): 10/27/2005 LUD: 11/08/2005

Thanks,
Ram

I am still waiting for 485 approval

You are not alone buddy...

EB2, Sub Labor PD 2000
I485 - filed in 09/2005

Still waiting for I485 approval!!!

a_vind

a_vind said:
You are not alone buddy...

EB2, Sub Labor PD 2000
I485 - filed in 09/2005

Still waiting for I485 approval!!!

a_vind

Okay guyz, I did an little excercise, just to give myself some ray of hope, it works better after three beers on late weekend nights ;), so I have my 485 case# as EAC05256xxxx5, I start entering plus one till next 100 number in USCIS case status online, I tried minus one till previous hundred numbers, I found out only couple of 485 cases and most of them either waiting or RFE, I assume those couple of 485 cases before and after me should be in same state as mine.

Just an feel good factor, if you have time :)

Hmmm, one could quite easily write a bot to go much deeper than that a lot quicker, although the usefulness would be very limiited since the response web page doesn't have important factors such as nationality, category etc. Not that I'm suggesting that anyone should do that of course, quite the opposite!

They have robot protection, here's the message i got after about 200 pokes. I only found five i485 cases, only one of which was approved, the rest in the same state as mine, i.e. waiting.

Man, I need a life...

It was reported to us that your IP address or internet gateway has been locked out for a select period of time. This is due to an unusually high rate of use. In order to avoid this issue please take this opportunity to create a Customer account (single applicant) or a Representative account (representing many individuals, such as lawyers, charitable groups, or corporations). Each account allows you to generate a Portfolio of receipt numbers.

Building a portfolio containing your receipt number(s) eliminates your need to manually enter the receipt number and extract each case status. You will automatically be emailed changes to each case as updates occur. This email notification will occur within 12 to 24 hours of any progress made for every receipt number contained in your portfolio.There is no lockout feature associated with your portfolio and there is no wasted time on your part checking a receipt number where no advancement has been made.

cmonalready said:
Hmmm, one could quite easily write a bot to go much deeper than that a lot quicker, although the usefulness would be very limiited since the response web page doesn't have important factors such as nationality, category etc. Not that I'm suggesting that anyone should do that of course, quite the opposite!

You are right about nationality, category etc, I believe all these factor doesnt matter if your dates is current, right?

Well, what I did is note down all those couple of 485 I found close to my 485 case number and keep on checking 'em alongwith mine ;).

To avoid error, you should completely exit out of your browser after every 20 or 30 attempt.

From their message it looks like they're tracking usage by the request's IP address, not by using a browser cookie.

Anyway, I recommend you to not track those EACs. If you bother to read the Usage Agreement they make you accept when you register on the site, you'll see the language saying that it's illegal to knowingly track other people's files and one may be prosecuted if one does so. By tying those EACs to your account you're making yourself liable.

I have the I-140 approved, I-485 Filed Date: 12/20/2004,

Hi friend, probably you could help me,

My I-485 was submitted in dec 12th, 2004, more than 18 months.

I have received an information the company wants to put me back in my country but my family is not happy with this.

I found a company who offered me to sponsor while the green card be received as it is just around the corner (I guess another 10 more months). My question is, this company will pay less money than the first one, and the job will be quite different as it was when the Department of Labour approved my I-140, with my current employer, I was described as an expert in telecommunication field. And the offer I have now is as a manager with staff under my care and budget management, as I have a MBA

Do you know if the current company has the right to stop my Green Card process ?
It is possible if I have other employer who could corroborate I am with them ?

Do I need to get an attorney writing a letter for the INS to inform I am with a new employer, with an earning of...and doing other job as IT management ?

I need to take a decision if going back with my current employer or accept the new sponsor, as I am not sure If USCIS will grant I will receive my Green Card.

How I could give continuity to my GC process and then to be ready to show proof to the guberment if they ask me to show proof that I have an full-time employment ? It is necessary to hire an attorney for this ?

This is the response received from the Company attorney:
Hi Enrique: if your US employment with Equant should terminate and you
found another full-time, permanent job in the United States in a similar
occupational classification, then you could continue with the current green
card process. You would not need to take any immediate steps, except that
if the government calls you in for an interview or sends you a letter for
proof that you still have a US job offer, then you would need to provide
proof that you have secured full-time employment.

Do you how to understand that ?
Here below is the status I have form my process.
03/11/2005 - I-140:16. Received I-140 Approval Notice
01/25/2005 - I-765:06. Received I-765 Approval Notice from USCIS
01/25/2005 - I-765:18. Received I-765 Approval Notice for family member
01/05/2005 - AOS:15. Received I-485 I-765 and I-131 Receipts from USCIS
01/05/2005 - I-140:11. Received I-140 Receipt from USCIS
12/20/2004 - AOS:08. Received signed AOS forms from foreign national
12/20/2004 - AOS:105. I-140, I485, I-765 and I-131 filed with USCIS for foreign national and family
I really need to take a decision based in the information I receive, and if you advise me to go with an attorney, I will do it, but it is really necessary considering where I am with GC process ?

Thank a lot for all your help in this matter

Sincerely Enrique

How many get effected by once again retrogression

How many of us (who filed in Sept 2005) get effected by this 2nd retrogression, as EB2 went unavailable for indians.

Confused about 485 approval!

Gurus, pls tell me if I really need to worry abt my case. I am still waiting for my 485 approval!! The status text has not changed since dec, 2005.

Thanks
a_vind
PD : 2000 - EB2(VSC) - Substitute
I140/I485/I756/I131 -: ND:09/27/2005, RD:10/24/2005
FP : Based on 485 receipt 11/08/2005, Based on the FP notice:12/06/2005

I765 -: AD:11/16/2005
I131 -: AD:12/14/2005
I140 -: AD:12/24/2005
I485 -: LUD:12/14/2005, AD:?? :confused:

I just noticed an LUD update on my 485 on 8/19. Lets see if there is more activity beyond it. Msg did not change yet. Maybe its part of pre-adjudication, maybe new FP notice, maybe RFE...who knows. I hope its something non-negative. Thats all.

Any approvals while PD not current?

According to the November 2006 Visa Bulletin Schedule A has retrogressed to August 2005. It was current when I filed I-140/1-485/EAD/AP.

USCIS told me that the application will continue to be processed because I'd submitted it while it was still current. I'd like to learn from the experience of folks who applied last year before the retrogression hit. Are there any I-485 approvals even though PD is not current?
In the case of Schedule A, there are no more numbers to be had, so Schedule A will be history come December. According to the customer service at USCIS, a number has already been assigned to my app from the 50k pool so it will continue to be processed. Can I rely on this?

thanks for reading my post. Any guidance?

Finally, my I -145 is approved on Oct 26, 06. I received the approval notice by mail yesterday .

PD: Apr 2002
EB2
I-140/485 concurrently filed on Sep 29 2005.
I-485 approved on Oct 26 06.

I also reveived an email notification from the USCIS regarding the cards.
---------------------------------
Application Type: I485 , Application to Register Permanent Residence or to Adjust Status

Current Status:

On October 31, 2006, the card order was completed and we mailed the applicant's new card directly to him or her. If 30 days have passed and you have not received this card, you may wish to verify or update your address. To update your address, please call the National Customer Service Center at (800) 375-5283.

If you have questions or concerns about your application or the case status results listed above, or if you have not received a decision or advice from USCIS within the projected processing time frame*, please contact the National Customer Service Center.

Needs some info.

Here is my case;

I called recently TSC and asked if my name check, fbi security check & fingerprint are already cleared but they don't want to say anything about it for my security purposes. So no luck.

Still waiting.

As of Nov 1, our priority date are current. myself, spouse & 2 kids.

When do you think I can recieved an e-mail and LUD?

Needs some info.

Thanks,

victorce79

EB3 TSC Philippines
PD 06/26/2002 I-140 LC FILED DATE
ND 08/28/2005 I-140 APPROVAL DATE
ND 07/19/2005 I-485 PENDING
EAD 1 AD 08/29/05
FP 1 09/02/05
LUD 09/06/05
EAD 2 AD 08/31/06

Last edited by a moderator:
Finger Prints

I gave my finger prints in October 2005. I have not received any finger print requests this year. I heard we have to go for finger printer every year? Is that right? Do I have to call them and set up an appointment?

mine is EB2, Dec 2003 is the priority date. I140 is approved.