UPdated October Processing dates for all DO's

Like everything else the USCIS does, this is part of their "confuse the customer" strategy. It looks like the fastest folks zip in well before the posted processing times. However, they want to reduce the number of people coming to them saying "hey, how come you are not processing me" so that make everything seem that much slower.

Filed in June ...

We filed for both I and my spouse in June 2006, and while I'm still in the Name Check pending stage, my spouse is already a US Citizen.

So people who've filed after March, have successfully gotten their Citizenship, so I don't really know what this Priority Date that USCIS follow theory. Who is this PD date is for? I don't know. They don't know either, and every rep will make up their own story to tell of what it's made of.

If DHS works in this pace and having gazillions of incompetent people on their payroll, I even wonder how they are going to protect this country. May God bless this country. Amen!

NoJob said:
So people who've filed after March, have successfully gotten their Citizenship, so I don't really know what this Priority Date that USCIS follow theory. Who is this PD date is for?

I guess not every immigration officer works as efficiently and USCIS may be reporting on the basis of their slowest immigration officer:confused:.

What I make out of it is that this is an indication of the most delayed regular case - means those cases that are not necessarily stuck in background check hole.

How do u know your case is pending under "Name Check"..

We have the same issue. My husband has not received his IL so far. Its been 3 months since his FP. DO - Tampa, FL. How can we know whether his appln has also fallen under the "name check"? I still see his case status online. Does that mean its gone to the name check. Can someone pls enlighten us?

Thanks

Filed in May, and Finger printed in June, Still awaiting Interview Notice.

Filed in May, and Finger printed in June, Still awaiting Interview Notice.

Filed in CSC
Filed May 14th
Finger Printed June 11th
Still awaiting Interview Notice.

Talakdigi and others please share how to get status over the phone. And if anyone could share how to find if I'm stuck at name check.

Thanks,
Debo

NoJob said:
We filed for both I and my spouse in June 2006, and while I'm still in the Name Check pending stage, my spouse is already a US Citizen.

So people who've filed after March, have successfully gotten their Citizenship, so I don't really know what this Priority Date that USCIS follow theory. Who is this PD date is for? I don't know. They don't know either, and every rep will make up their own story to tell of what it's made of.

If DHS works in this pace and having gazillions of incompetent people on their payroll, I even wonder how they are going to protect this country. May God bless this country. Amen!

Debo Shyam said:
Talakdigi and others please share how to get status over the phone. And if anyone could share how to find if I'm stuck at name check.

I would not recommend taking the phone route. First of all, it takes a minimum of an hour and half from the time you first dial the number. Secondly, if you are unlucky, you may get to talk to a rude immigration officer who may not be ready to give you any information other than saying, "we have not sent an appointment yet."

A much better option would to schedule Infopass appointment at your local DO. You use an online tool (available at uscis.gov) to schedule your appoinment. You can select the desired time and date. If you set up the appointment early in the morning, you will be able to get in and out very quickly. Typically, the immigration officers at the local DO are much nicer.

I have taken both routes and I am speaking from personal experience.

If you are still interested in the phone route, call the regular customer service number and then after checking the automated message wait for a little while until the prompt tells you to press "3". That will take you to an operator who will initially ask you a few standard questions and then will put you in the queue for the immigration officer. From that point, it will easily take an hour.

Takadigi,
Is there a time frame to wait for till we schedule the Infopass appointment or can we do it 3 months after FP date and not receiving IL??? Will they tell us specifically that the apppn has gone into the "name check"?

Thanks

takadigi said:
I would not recommend taking the phone route. First of all, it takes a minimum of an hour and half from the time you first dial the number. Secondly, if you are unlucky, you may get to talk to a rude immigration officer who may not be ready to give you any information other than saying, "we have not sent an appointment yet."

A much better option would to schedule Infopass appointment at your local DO. You use an online tool (available at uscis.gov) to schedule your appoinment. You can select the desired time and date. If you set up the appointment early in the morning, you will be able to get in and out very quickly. Typically, the immigration officers at the local DO are much nicer.

I have taken both routes and I am speaking from personal experience.

If you are still interested in the phone route, call the regular customer service number and then after checking the automated message wait for a little while until the prompt tells you to press "3". That will take you to an operator who will initially ask you a few standard questions and then will put you in the queue for the immigration officer. From that point, it will easily take an hour.

stbg said:
Takadigi,
Is there a time frame to wait for till we schedule the Infopass appointment or can we do it 3 months after FP date and not receiving IL??? Will they tell us specifically that the apppn has gone into the "name check"?

There is no time constraint on setting up Infopass appointment. And 3 months since FP is already long enough time. However, as you may already know, don't be rude when you talk to the Immigration officer at the local DO. That way, you can extract more information from the meeting.

And yes, the Immigration officer at Infopass will be able to tell you whether you are being held up for name check.