Updated Atlanta Timeline :)

Kim Hardin

Registered Users (C)
Will anyone waiting their citizenship interview and/or oath, please use this thread to update. Loads of people have noted a Mid-August interview or oath, and would very much appreciate an update since someone noted that Atl is now back to same day interview and oath. Thanks for the info and hope.

My Finace Info:

PD 12/14/00
FP 01/26/01
#2 FP 06/19/02
Interview scheduled for 09/16/02

My atlanta timeline

Applied n-400 in oct-2001
Fp jan-19-02
received interview notice April 20
went to interview on june 28th
Unfortunately, i was told that my file was missing.long story, i posted it here right after the interview.Told that i would be rescheduled.
By God's grace, they kept their words this time,I received a rescheduled interview notice on august 3rd, just a little over three weeks after my original interview date.
My rescheduled interview is for september 3rd.Looking forward to it, cant wait!!
I posted somewhere here that my friend went for his interview on july28th, got his citizenship certificate and oath sameday, i hope that works for me same way too.
Take care folks.

Last edited by a moderator:
:rolleyes:
I had my interview sometimes early this month and the only thing that I was told was that another officer will review the interview and will decide. The guy told me that it probably will not be more than sometimes in september when the oath will be taking place.
All the best.
Oluyi

Atlanta N-400 Timeline

Here's my timeline.

PD 11/1/2000
FP 12/29/2000

Got letter for refingerprinting to be done on 6/13/2002. I had to reschedule it as I was going to be out of the country. INS ASP in Atlanta rescheduled it for 8/21/2002.

Completed refingerprinting on 8/21/02.

My question is

How long after refingerprinting can I expect the interview letter.

I am just tired of this whole process and would breath a huge sigh of relief once this gets over.

Thanks,
BKB

At my interview

I had my interview on the 14th of this month. INS TSC had not sent my file. So, the officer said that if I had copies of my application, passport, green card and marriage certificate along with photograps she could complete my interview and then when the file comes process it and move it. Of course, I had all these documents with me and so she was able to complete my interview.

If my file had been there I would have been scheduled for the same day oath ceremony. But, look at the brighter side, I will not be sharing my experience with you all and then nothing would have been learnt ;-).

Now, for those of you who have faced this situation or might face it in future. If you want to move it then you cannot afford to sit idle. I met a person while waiting in the interview hall at INS who was asked to come for his interview the second time and his file still was not there and he had to go back disappointed. The officer told me that the computer would automatically reschedule the interview irrespective of whether the file had arrived or not.

I immediately reinitiated and further intensified my lobbying and INS TSC sent my file overnight to Atlanta. I am waiting for the next step now.

Hello All

It is comforting and sad to see I was not the only one who had to wait for 2 yrs to have my N-400 processed at Texas/Atlanta.

My time line was :

Applied July 3 2000.
PD : Aug?? 2000
FP : Oct/Nov 2000
Re-FP: Feb 2002.
Interview: June 12 2002.
Oath : Aug 2002.

From the time of re-finger print roughly 3 months for interview. Roughly 2 months from interview to oath.

Provided everything goes well.

Atlanta / TSC has no consistency in their processing. I meet some people who had their oath in less than 5 months form the time of applying N-400 !!!!.

Same thing goes for same day vs different day oath.

I guess luck of the draw.

I have heard from atleast one immigration lawyer.. do not pester the INS... they tend to throw your file in to a corner...

Do not know how true this is.... but I did contact [ call the telephone line] and speak to some one in TSC -- 3 times-- between Nov 2000 to Feb 2001... I am not sure if this had something to do with my delays...

In any case I am glad that it si all over eventually...

Good Luck to one and all.

I Forgot - Hi Kim

Hello Kim

Hope things go well for your fiancee.

From my experience I think your fiancee should have his certificate by december 2002 or january 2003.

Good Luck.

Update On AVM and INS Processing

Hi Again Folks

Just an update. The AVM [ automated voice message sysytem] in TSC.. is so updtaed .. :).... that a month after my oath date, it still keeps saying, it will take 750-999 days from the date of reciept for this type of application to be adjudicated or processed.. :).

There we go....

Zeemboomba ! ! !

Apparently, we had our interview the same month. I just want to ask you to please post on this thread when you receive the letter for the oath. I will do the same when I receive mine. I am keeping my fingers crossed.
Thanks
Oluyi

Zeemboomba ! ! !

Hi Zeemboomba,
Just to inform you that I received the letter for the oath ceremony which will take place next week Wednesday. Hope you have gotten yours too. All the best. I can not wait to get this over with.
Oluyi:)

Last edited by a moderator:
Congrats Oluyi !

Which local office ? I had my interview in Oakland, CA and the officer said that I passed the exam but he needed another document (I-140). Asked me to mail it to the local office and I am still waiting.

Originally posted by oluyi
Thanks Guys,
Today, I became American Citizen. Thanks all and see you all arround.:) :) :)

Citizen at last

At last I became a citizen on the 20th of September. It was indeed a long wait but had plenty of good company. Adios amigos.

Atlanta N-400 Interview/Oath

Finally got my citizenship approved on 11/20. I had a interview scheduled for 12:25PM on 11/20. Had to wait in line till about 1:30 before I was called in for the interview. It lasted for about 10 minutes where the officer verified my application details, asked me for the dates when I went abroad since my n-400 application, asked me 6 questions from the INS standard citizenship questionaire, asked me to read and write a sentence and then approved my application. She told me that she may not be able to schedule me for same day oath since the cutoff time was 1:30 and it was already 1:35 PM while she was interviewing me. I was very disappointed that I may have to come back another day. Luckily, she said she will check and then got back to me at 1:50PM that I was scheduled for same day oath ceremony.

Once you complete the interview you have to wait outside for them to call you back and give you the approval form asking you to go downstairs for the oath. THe time of the oath says its at 1:30PM but invariably it starts only at around 3:00PM. On this day it started around 2:45PM. There were about 35 people getting naturalized on that day. We were asked to pledge allegiance to the USA and then handed over our naturalization certificate.

Its funny that after having waited for this for all these years, it did not bring any emotions to me when I was finally naturalized. I was happy no doubt but did not feel like I have to cry or jump up and down because I am now a US citizen.

For those of you who are interested, here's my timeline.

PD 11/6/2000
FP 12/29/2000
Re-FP originally scheduled for 6/13/02
I reschduled it as I was not available on that date and the
Re-FP was moved to 8/21/02.
Interview and Oath on 11/20/02.

So, all in all it took about 2 years to get naturalized. Its possible that it would have been less time than this if I had been able to keep my re-fingerprinting appointment on 6/13. Anyway, all that does not matter now. I am waiting for my US passport now.

All the best for others who are waiting for their N-400. Adios.