Update Stamping Appointments at SF

becky

Registered Users (C)
After making enquiries, my lawyer told me that there was no appointment option for San Francisco at this time sadly. SO, I'm going to go next Tuesday. From what I've read it seems wisest to go early, very early in the morning for this.

Has anyone tried going around 9am (later) and had success at getting a ticket?

Any advice much appreciated,

becky

I didn't see your post of your approval. When did that happen? Congrats!

becky said:
After making enquiries, my lawyer told me that there was no appointment option for San Francisco at this time sadly. SO, I'm going to go next Tuesday. From what I've read it seems wisest to go early, very early in the morning for this.

Has anyone tried going around 9am (later) and had success at getting a ticket?

Any advice much appreciated,

becky

Becky,

A friend of mine recently went to SFO for stamping at 11:00 AM and had absolutely no problems. Everything went really very smooth for him. Infact, he was done with his passport stamping in one hour.

becky, u don't need a token at SFO for passport stamping. Even after they hit the limit for the day for tokens, they allow people in with approval notices.

PC_GC I find the claim of a 1hr stamping process very hard to believe.

I was there this morning 7/15/04. I got there at 8:15am wasted time standing in the appointment line, got to the correct line at around 8:45, got to into the buildling around 9:20am. There are lines inside to get a ticket and then you sit in a mass waiting area for hours. My passport was stamped only around 1:30pm in the afternoon. They stopped issuing tickets around 12 noon.

Becky I think 9am is fine but there will be a wait of over an hour for sure. There is a snack bar if you walk past the counters to the lobby area on your right where you can buy and eat snacks. Not many people venture here, but it's well-stocked snack shop that is inside the building and you can walk right back to the waiting area, no questions asked. Bring some reading material or music maybe. The little kids crying and security people yelling instructions is what you hear during hours of waiting. They are paranoid about electronic devices though, absolutely no recording devices and camera phones.