Update on Suri\'s Case

Sensor

Registered Users (C)
Guess what! The AVR now says that On Nov 3th they received my response to the RFE. I am hoping to hear that my case has been approved. Well, I have to wait and see what will happen on Monday.

Any one in similar situation?

No Title

It takes a minimum of 14 days after the receipt of ur RFE for INS to give a decision. So hang in there and good luck.

No Title

I got my I-485 approval in around 4 to 5 days after INS recived my ammended I-40 notice approval. So your theory of minimum of 14 days goes for a toss!!.

Just my 2 cents on your comment!

No Title

Suri,
When you received RFE from INS, did your AVR message changed the same day.
Actually, I talked to IIO today who seemed to be in great hurry and told me that they have sent "request for Additional information" yesterday. However, the AVR is still the same.

I am wondering why AVR didn\'t change after RFE being sent by INS.
Sorry it is little bit of the subject but I believe you can help me to get rid of my anxiety.

Also, how much time did it take to receive RFE in the mail ??
Thanks

No Title

Singh,

Actually, this is my 2nd RFE sent on 12th sept. We responded on 22nd Sept and received by INS on 25 sept. However, my RFE is about 140 redo. I guess based on my experience and past experience. INS don\'t update AVR unless the 140 is approved. It took 30 days to approve my 140. It was approved on 30th Oct. In some cases soon after their 140 is approved their 485 was approved in couple of days. This is the first time, from what I have seen in the past, I have been hearing AVR being updated like this in the case of 140 redo.

Let us see what will happen next week. I will keep posting details.

No Title

Sinha,

Are you in similar situation? Does AVR says that they received your response to RFE?

No Title

Suri:
Did you enclose a check for I-140 Amendment.According to my lawyer,
it is not required.But INS returned my I-485 RFE2 package along with
I-140 application.So my company resent this package along with a check.now my lawyer saying that INS is going to treat my application
as Fresh I-140. Is it true?
Thanks
Ravi

No Title

I called INS today. IIO told me he cannot pass any information about my I140 redo since this is applied by company . So no luck. My eac is 01-004xxxxx. Suri how did you find out your\'s is approved

No Title

I did include check. Even though they say that it will be treated as new 140, the time it takes to approve 140-redo is less (about a month)

No Title

Hi Ragu,

First of all you have to pay the fee in this case.

Based on my experience, your case will be treated new and will be worked by the same officer who issued RFE.

During this time your response to RFE is not acknowledged by AVR.

However, you should receive a notice from INS.

Once i-140 is approved it is then attached with your 485 case to make final decision.

Make sure your attorney says it is amending petition on front page of application.

You should hear some thing in less than 30 days about your case.

After 140 approval, it may take any where from 2 to 30 days for 485 approval.

No Title

My lawyer had sent the response to the 2nd RFE with Notice of filing I-140 amendment on October 11th. The AVR says that VSC received the response on October 16th. After my I-140 amendment was approved on Oct 24th, my lawyer sent the approval notice to VSC again on Oct 30th. I am eagerly waiting for the approval(as they did in cool dude 200 case)

No Title

My lawyer also included the check in the amount of $115(If I remember correctly) with the I-140 amendment package. It was approved in less than a month from the RD by VSC. So don\'t worry.

No Title

Thanks for your information.
my attroney did not mention amending petition on fron page of application. cause any problem ...
Ragu

No Title

Through AVR. I guess some IIO\'s are very strict about 140 cases. Some are very nice to give all necessary info. In fact, I never received received notice to date. When I mentioned this to IIO. She gave me my new 140 case number.

No Title

a sinha,
You will get your GC approved real soon , maybe by end of this week!.

Good Luck !