Update on Senate Budget Committee hearing going on now

Shakti Kapoor

Registered Users (C)
The vote will take place today at 3.45 PM EST. The bill would go to senate on Monday and the voting will take place at 6.00 PM on Wednesday. If the debate (scheduled for 20 hours) is not complete by Wednesday, they are keeping thursday to complete the business.

Shakti

NOTE - I will update you on the immigration vote at 3.45 PM

clarify pls

Shakti,

Is it the same for which the proposal was voted last rhursday - budget reconcoliation bill? hyper-link please.

I read somewhere that it would take 2-3 months for this to come up at the house and the senate...hmm

Help me understand this please, does this mean that by thursday, it will be approved in both the house and senate????

btw, read a lot of noise by the anti-immigration lobby at www.fairus.org

later

Only senate, I think,a s house has a completely different version of the same budget bill, as house is more hostile to us immigrants. House and Senate will have to iron out their difference. Last time when this happened, they gave all recaptured GCs to nurses and left a cold shoulder to the rest of us. Not sure what will happen this time...

EA

jolpot said:
Shakti,

Is it the same for which the proposal was voted last rhursday - budget reconcoliation bill? hyper-link please.

I read somewhere that it would take 2-3 months for this to come up at the house and the senate...hmm

Help me understand this please, does this mean that by thursday, it will be approved in both the house and senate????

btw, read a lot of noise by the anti-immigration lobby at www.fairus.org

later

EAin2005 said:
Only senate, I think,a s house has a completely different version of the same budget bill, as house is more hostile to us immigrants. House and Senate will have to iron out their difference. Last time when this happened, they gave all recaptured GCs to nurses and left a cold shoulder to the rest of us. Not sure what will happen this time...

EA

Senate budget committee passes the bill 12-10....it will now go to senate for a vote on monday

Shakti

thanks shakti bhai, for keeping us updated.

Itne sare Steps hai US mein ek bill pass karne ko!

gb04 said:
But atleast I can NOT vote for their great grand children!

The 10 who voted against were Democrats...They did not vote against immigration as such...they voted against the whole spending cut proposals....they were of the opinion that the spending cuts along with the tax cuts worth 70 million dollars would put us in more deficiet...

Lets see what the house has in store for us

Shakti

Last edited by a moderator:
gb04 said:
But atleast I can NOT vote for their great grand children!

Are you sure about your statement?

The current citizens who were immigrants vehemently opposing the immigration.

What is the guarantee that you do not change your mind once you get your GC and then citizenship? :)

VHD999 said:
Are you sure about your statement?

The current citizens who were immigrants vehemently opposing the immigration.

What is the guarantee that you do not change your mind once you get your GC and then citizenship? :)
Dude, you take your life too seriously!