UPDATE on Oath delay...

shaky

Registered Users (C)
after waiting for almost 4 months for my oath letter, i went into my local bcis office where i was interviewed.

I was given an inquiry form where it said <<<<<attention....Examiner.....>>>>>>

ur name and all the information...

i submitted that 5 days ago.... now lets see if i will get some response... anyone else out there took the same step to get oath letter or case status? does it help to make case status inquiry???

Thanx

shaky:

you may consider to take a help of senator.

In my case it works. They can't expedite oath process but let you know in much more advance the oath date before you receive letter from BCIS. I had a family emergency overseas, so needed to know in advance to paln the trip.

I'm in VA

gooluck

update on oath delay

Shaky,

I am in the same boat... Waiting for oath for 3 months.
What city are you in? Did the local office gave any timeframe for reply.

Good luck and thank you for sharing your research..

Last edited by a moderator:
Oath delay

...Same boat... waiting for 3 months... I have contacted my Senator's office and they have told me it might take up to 6 months to an Year... before I hear back from BCIS...

Also, I was told that by that time... my current security clearance will have expired and BCIS will have to do another security clearance...which will take another few months...I was told the BCIS service centers are chronically under staffed and they can't do anything to expedite the process...

So my question is can I do anything? As waiting another 6-12months for an Oath letter is insanity....

PLEASE HELP!

PD: NOV 2002
Interview: July 31st 2003

beanzz

my interview was on july 10th 2003.

and nothinggggggggggggggg in mail as of yet.

the time frame i was told by bcis office was 9 months after interview. they said i was making inquiry too early but i made it anyway, and i dont think they will reply to that.

i called that national customer number and the lady asked me for my zip code and told me the total process from filing to swearing in is 12 months, while i been told by local bcis office to wait for 9 months after interview. makes sense?????????????

its been 20 months i filed for my N400.

shaky

Thanks for your reply...

Garden City (Long Isl) office is backed up... Even before these changes it was known for its delays...

20 months?????????WOW!

That means I shouldn't even bother calling up the Charlotte BCIS office!

Yeah! 12 months timeline doesn't make sense. I always get wrong answers from the BCIS 1800 number. Therefore, I have stopped calling there...

So what can ppl like us do? nothing I guess? We are at the mercy of the BCIS... sad but true!

Last edited by a moderator:
beanzz

hey buddy...

any news from bcis ???

keep us posted...u and me both are from NY and we both had interview in same month...

beanzz..did u ask for any name change????

and what was ur interview result.?

Mine was...

Congratulation, ur application for natz is recommended for approval and blah blah blah

what was ur's.?

Thanx...