update of status

sickwaiting

Registered Users (C)
update of status (new info)

hi guys
ND is february 29th 2000
figerprints done 08/07/2004
today i just receivd this update on my case status by e-mail: DO NOT RESPOND TO THIS E-MAIL ***

The following is the latest information on your case status

Receipt Number: LIN00104XXXXXXXX

Application Type: I485 , Application to Register Permanent Residence or to Adjust Status

Current Status:

On November 5, 2004, we transferred your I485 Application to Register Permanent Residence or to Adjust Status to an office in PHILADELPHIA, PA for processing. Our office in PHILADELPHIA, PA will send you a written decision as soon as processing is complete. You should receive a notice informing you that your case has been transferred to a local office. Please call the National Customer Service Center at (800) 375-5283 to receive information about local office processing times.

If you have questions or concerns about your application or the case status results listed above, or if you have not received a decision or advice from USCIS within the projected processing time frame*, please contact the National Customer Service Center.

National Customer Service Center (800) 375-5283.

does any body has any experience about this situation and why did they transfer my case?
do you think it will take longer to process now ?
thanx

Last edited by a moderator:
I believe you are going to be approved very soon

This is excellent news. Finally something real. My understanding is that they send cases from Nebraska to district offices only in very final phase, which means either to conduct a final interview (rarely), or just to finish the buerocratic paperwork.

Something is finally moving, congratulations. You just made my day.

Alex

thanx alex for your support but it scares me a little because it says i will get a decision within the projected processing time
does it mean the 570and 600 days?
what do you think aaaaa?

Lucky U

Maya,

My fingerprints were taken back in Feb and I did not hear anything since then. U R lucky cause I know friends who got request for additional documents and then final approval within 8 weeks from transfering the case to local office.. Just stay tuned and congrats.

z man

570 to 600 days is for work based I-485

and it is from the day they submited their I-485. In our case we are affected by 10,000 a year quota and therefore it takes many thousands of days for us. Don't wory about it, it is irelevant.

Alex

ok guys i hope it is good luck
i called today the BCIS and they told me that if i don t hear from the local office in philadelphia in 60 days i should call them back and they will inquire on my case ,it sounds very good and promising!!!!!!!

Good news Maya, when you get stamped, you should receive your plastic card in 1 month max.

Good luck

Cider OR

Cider OR,
Please share with the rest of us if your private message to MAya has to do something with local office processing. Or a trick to expedite that we can all benefit. If not, you can just ignore my message and accept my apology.
Thanks

Punjabi, if i know there was something that benefit any of us i will share it with the foum.
thanks

ok guys today i received the actual letter from BCIS and it s completely different than the e-mail i received from them and this is what it says:
this is to advise you that in order to speed processing we have transferred the above case to the following INS office for processing:
1600 callowhill street.................
that office will notify you of the decision made on the application or petition. any further inquiries should be made to that office.

and that s all it sounds promising to me ,i hope it will be good news soon for me and for all of you guys and i will post every thing new when i get it
thanx

sickwaiting said:
ok guys today i received the actual letter from BCIS and it s completely different than the e-mail i received from them and this is what it says:
this is to advise you that in order to speed processing we have transferred the above case to the following INS office for processing:
1600 callowhill street.................
that office will notify you of the decision made on the application or petition. any further inquiries should be made to that office.

and that s all it sounds promising to me ,i hope it will be good news soon for me and for all of you guys and i will post every thing new when i get it
thanx
Hi Maya,
This sounds good but make sure you contact them if they do not respond to you. Also, think of the option of contacting your senator or representative if things do not go smoothly The whole thing about the 500-600 days is automatic. That is, any application that has something to do with I-485 automatically receives this time frame. I predict that you will get either an approval or a request for further evidence RFE within the next 3 months. Good luck.

thank you shamshon ,i have this feeling to but any way i hope it will worke out good and i will keep my fingers crossed
thanx