update from lewslaw.com

bankebihari123

Registered Users (C)
CSC Liaison Meeting Summary for 04-30-2003 (05-09-2003) [Top]

Adjustment Applications
The adjudication of these cases continues not to be a priority at this time. Inquiries may only be made on cases that are 30 days beyond the date noted on the Just in Time Report. CSC is not in a position to adjudicate cases just because fingerprints may be expiring. Notices for re-fingerprinting will be issued.

The CSC did pull a sampling of cases which were filed first half of 2002 - the purpose was to determine if all the fingerprint clearances would be expiring. The sampling did not establish the expected pattern. However, rather than just re-filing these cases - they were processed. Some cases were approved, others received Requests for Evidence. This explains why some cases have been processed out of chronological order. However, at this time the CSC continues to process cases chronologically.

CSC confirmed that prior to granting any benefit to an individual, an IBIS check must be conducted. This check is valid for 35 days. However other third agency checks may be required (this would be determined on a case by case basis). Additionally, the FBI check is valid for 15 months.

Concurrent Filings
Applications for Advance Parole and Employment Authorization (EAD) will not be adjudicated until the underlying Employment Based Visa Petition (I-140) is approved. However, if the EAD application is pending for more than 90 days and no Request for Evidence (RFE) has been issued on the underlying I-140 OR a response to an RFE has been filed more than 90 days, the individual may go to the local BCIS office to apply for an interim EAD card.

Employment Authorization Applications (EAD)
The processing of EAD applications should continue to improve. CSC hopes that by the early June 2003, processing time will be within 90 days.

Request for Evidence (RFE)
If a response to an RFE was received by BCIS more than 30 days ago without a decision, an inquiry may be made. The inquiry system is now just a two-tier system, i.e. sending a fax to the Product Line and after 15 calendar days, an email may be sent to Division XII.

NSEERS Registration
If a beneficiary or applicant appears to be subject to NSEERS Registration, CSC will need to verify that registration has occurred before granting the benefit.

H-1B Visa Petitions
These cases will continue to be processed status quo.
Fingerprint Notices for Adjustment of Status Applications (I-485) (05-09-2003) [Top]

The California Service Center has announced that the Fingerprint Notices for I-485 applications will now be issued approximately nine (9) months after the filing date.

If a response to an RFE was received by BCIS more than 30 days ago without a decision, an inquiry may be made. The inquiry system is now just a two-tier system, i.e. sending a fax to the Product Line and after 15 calendar days, an email may be sent to Division XII.

There are a lot of people in that queue.

Originally posted by bankebihari123
CSC Liaison Meeting Summary for 04-30-2003 (05-09-2003) [Top]
Any one knows what is the new fax number for "Product Line" and e-mail address of "Division XII" to send inquiry?

Thanks
PCee

PCee, it's mentioned all on page #4 and 5 of CSC's 2003 guidelines, (pdf document, lemme know if u don't have it).

SM,PCEE Your help please...

Does this mean that I can send a FAX inquiry for my 485 application.

My ND is 11/16/01 and FP received date is Jan18th'02.

Thanks,

Ajay

Ajay you can.

But, you will get a standard reply about a stinky date in JIT that they will never move #$%&%#$^&*#. So there.

CSC confirmed that prior to granting any benefit to an individual, an IBIS check must be conducted. This check is valid for 35 days. However other third agency checks may be required (this would be determined on a case by case basis). Additionally, the FBI check is valid for 15 months.

The California Service Center has announced that the Fingerprint Notices for I-485 applications will now be issued approximately nine (9) months after the filing date. [/B]

It seems very likely CSC would like to keep a 15+9=24 month backlog.

Thanks a lot for the information bankebihari123.

BBCHENGC, that does make a lot of sense. Because BCIS plans on eliminating 765 backlog by June, after which I think they will concentrate on 485s. So typical approval times will be 24 months ..

makes sense.

The California Service Center has announced that the Fingerprint Notices for I-485 applications will now be issued approximately nine (9) months after the filing date.

It is so sad that they are fixing a time frame to announce finger print notices.

If this becomes a written policy, INS will wait for 9 months even if they donot have any backlog (I mean, if they work to eliminate the backlog) sometime later.

One of my friend's family have applied for their gc (CSC) at a very right time. They got theirs' has done within 14 months and thats entire GC process from labor (RIR just more than a month ) + 140 (3 months) and 485 (in 8 months). This was about an year and a half ago I think that they got their GC.

We did ours approxly 3 months later I think and ......................................
It will be 3 years this september since we started our labour.
Since its still in wac0204*, I think it will be atleast an year before we can get ours (wac02129*).

I think the problem with INS is how they they view these immigrants.
Once upon a time, I guess immigrants were viewed as intelligent money-making , economy-driving people who have less time. So, they were offered GC faster. No they are viewed as bunch of terrorists trying to legalize their stay in USA.
I am serious here. I think so much was drilled down into their brains (by Homeland...) they'd see anybody like that.
I guess they should also understand that their are lot of educated, well-deserving candidates among those who apply for GC - atleast the employment based.

I dont think the INS ever cared...

..about how immigrants help the economy.
they are used to processing a certain number of cases a month and they will do that even if the backlog extends to 1 million or 2 million... if they get orders from the top to legalise the 'undocumented hardworking immigrants with family values' they will do that at the cost of processing 485s..

sometimes I wonder why do they print all their forms in two languages...wonder if anyone who applies for LEGAL immigration requires that.

Life in angel island

Thank you bankebihari123 for the information.

All the INS hassle reminds me what happened in Angel Island about 100 years ago.
Now over 100 years later, the immigration process seems never improved. We have to go through all kinds of checks by US government, and even worse, we have to wait much longer than 1 year.

May be after waiting 17 months for I-485, I feel too frustrated and looking at things too pessimistic. But based on the update, I don't see any hope at all.