Update application

nidhin0006

Registered Users (C)
Hi....I have filed an I-130 application 2 months back for my wife. when i applied my wife was not working..now she started working 1 week back. should i update my application indicating she stated to work or is it not required. She put her marital status in company as single by mistake. do she need to change it to married or does it not matter for these visa processing. so confused whether to update application or to change her status at company....plzzz help......any help will be much appreciated...

Thanks

I believe he means she put single on her W-4 tax forms. That is not a problem, one can claim single on ones W-4 to have more taxes taken out so one will not owe taxes at the end of the year.

What does that mean? She told her employer that she's single?

Is she in status?

Hi....I have filed an I-130 application 2 months back for my wife. when i applied my wife was not working..now she started working 1 week back. should i update my application indicating she stated to work or is it not required. She put her marital status in company as single by mistake. do she need to change it to married or does it not matter for these visa processing. so confused whether to update application or to change her status at company....plzzz help......any help will be much appreciated...

Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
Is she working inside or outside the US? Are you a US citizen? You may have other problems, depending on your answers to those questions.