• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

Upcoming month's visa bulletin: December 2013 (Coming Soon)

Yeah, that is what I mean by saying that it is not possible to get the numbers early next week...most likely the numbers will be out Thursday or Friday if not Monday upper week

IMHO, The earliest days we can get the numbers from KCC is is next Wed/Thu.

Last edited by a moderator:
I normally try not to get too involved with predictions, but I do think EU stands a chance of being over 16k - which would be way ahead of last year. March last year was 16200...

I normally try not to get too involved with predictions, but I do think EU stands a chance of being over 16k - which would be way ahead of last year. March last year was 16200...

I think your prediction is about 1,000 too high for Europe.

Yes Pitbull I realise your prediction is lower, and yours is probably more accurate - but as I said I think there is a chance (not a certainty) that it could be over 16k. Do you need me to explain what is meant by A chance?

Incidentally, I also expect a big jump for OC (to around 700). AF should be at 24/25, SA around 800 and Asia perhaps around 3500/4000

Europe

It's hard to say anything about the upcoming visa bulletin. If we see 2010 , the numbers for Europe are :
October -9100, November-9500, 12 400,19 750,22 400,24 700,26 300,29 250,31 000, 32 000. So , the situation this year looks the same :). Also KCC selected 125 000 winners instead of 100 000 , and I think there will be visas for all of them. :) So, the numbers should move quickly after the holidays in december. I hope those with the 50 *** numbers are hopeful too :)

It's hard to say anything about the upcoming visa bulletin. If we see 2010 , the numbers for Europe are :
October -9100, November-9500, 12 400,19 750,22 400,24 700,26 300,29 250,31 000, 32 000. So , the situation this year looks the same :). Also KCC selected 125 000 winners instead of 100 000 , and I think there will be visas for all of them. :) So, the numbers should move quickly after the holidays in december. I hope those with the 50 *** numbers are hopeful too :)

FYI there are 140 000 selectees this year and I don't think there will be enough visas for all :-(

"Approximately 125,000 individuals were registered for further processing. " You mean they selected approximately 15 000 more in October? Why the October selection even happened ... Isn't that means that there are still visas available?

"Approximately 125,000 individuals were registered for further processing. " You mean they selected approximately 15 000 more in October? Why the October selection even happened ... Isn't that means that there are still visas available?

No, although the initial letters said 125K they later said they had selected 140K, and that these people had all been told (ie they weren't keeping some back...)
"Approximately 140,660 applicants have been registered and notified "
- see http://travel.state.gov/visa/bulletin/bulletin_6050.html (scroll down to near the end where they give the details for the DV2014 selection). They had consistently under-allocated for the previous few years so I guess one way to ensure they met the quota this year was to select enough people to ensure demand would exceed supply. I know this isn't what high case number people want to hear, but unfortunately it seems this year will be more like the mid-2000s, when regions were cut off by number rather than going all current at the end of the FY.

Thanks for the update. We'll see. I don't now why , but I'm positively oriented about the high numbers problem, not because my number is high ( 16***) but because I've got a hunch :) And this thing about the second draw... I don't know...