upcoming interview

kumar2009

Registered Users (C)
Hi,

My interview is coming up.
I got my GC through my husband (employment based) in 2004. He was laid off in early 2008 and moved to work in Asia while my children and I continued to live in the US. I am a stay at home mother. My husband has made two trips to the US so far. We have continued to pay taxes and own a house here together.
His plan is to come back when the job situation improves in the US.
Should I take any additional documents along with the usual GC, driver's license, passport to the interview? Can my husband's working abroad be an issue in my obtaining citizenship ?
Any suggestions/advice would be appreciated- Thanks.

Hi,

My interview is coming up.
I got my GC through my husband (employment based) in 2004. He was laid off in early 2008 and moved to work in Asia while my children and I continued to live in the US. I am a stay at home mother. My husband has made two trips to the US so far. We have continued to pay taxes and own a house here together.
His plan is to come back when the job situation improves in the US.
Should I take any additional documents along with the usual GC, driver's license, passport to the interview? Can my husband's working abroad be an issue in my obtaining citizenship ?
Any suggestions/advice would be appreciated- Thanks.

Just photocopies of your gc, driver license, and passport. You may take any additional documents. You can apply on your own. It will be no issues for you at at all. But your husband may have problem if he applies for his citizenship on his own unless he has an entry permit that will not jeopardize his gc status because he spent outside USA too long.

kumar2009

Just photocopies of your gc, driver license, and passport. You may take any additional documents. You can apply on your own. It will be no issues for you at at all. But your husband may have problem if he applies for his citizenship on his own unless he has an entry permit that will not jeopardize his gc status because he spent outside USA too long.

I agree with USGC. You should have no issues at all. Carry all the required documents. You citizenship is independent of your husband. Being unemployed has no bearing on you. Me and wife too just recd our citizenship approval in Nov (employ based) and I too was unemployed.
It happens to even the best of us, and the officers do not even touch the topic.
Best of luck to you. Your husband will have to come back and stay for the required days before he can apply for the USC.
This forum has some very good and informed folks who will surely help if you have more ques.