Upcoming Citizenship interview at Denver - Question??

Kris-Colorado

Registered Users (C)
I have citizenship interview coming up on Feb 12th at Denver office.

During one of my trip outside US to India back in 2006, they didn't stamp on my passport when i arrived in Denver, but i had kept track of it and added in the N-400 appln. Also, i do have the boarding pass and iternary associated with that trip.

My question is whether this will delay the outcome of my interview process??

I appreciate your responses!!

Thanks,
Kris-Colorado

I doubt it, for as long as you meet the residence requirement.

I have one trip to Hong Kong back in 2002 for which I have nothing, but the arrival and departue stamps in my passport because this was a business trip and all expenses were paid by the company, thus I don't even have a Hotel bill.

At any rate, my total time abroad in 5 years is less then 160 days thus I don't sweat this one bit, just keep my N-400 forms current for the interview. I am sure the IO is used to changes and unless one really messes up won't be all that picky.

Thanks MartinAub!! But i don't have the arrival stamp on my passport?? I just don't want to see IO saying that they need to verify those dates which is not stamped on the passport and create unnecessary delay the interview process.

I would appreciate, if anybody who had come across this issues earlier or gone through this process to please respond!!

Thanks!!

I am sure you be fine.
After all, the stamps are often not readable and I printed all my e-tickets as evidence.
I would think that a "fair and reasonable effort" is good enough.

Half of my stamps are totally unreadable. To assume you get this all 100% lined up is wishful thinking. I am sure the IO won't sweat it.

My concern is a trip I can document quite well, but I am sure I get asked about it.
Trip to Europe, in and out. Stayed barelyl 24 hours. Was for a job interview. Arrived one morning, took the interview that same afternoon, slept one night because there wasn't a flight back and left the next morning.

Would be even worse, if I had to go back more then 5 years. I did tons of very short trips. Back then with paper tickets and I sure as hell don't have those any longer.

Oh, another thing you might want to do, if you have it, is print your frequent flyer miles.
If nothing else, it's an additional back-up.

Good suggestion

Oh, another thing you might want to do, if you have it, is print your frequent flyer miles.
If nothing else, it's an additional back-up.

Good point right there. I had called Delta & United to reconfirm my dates of travel coz there were some dates that were not readable on my passport. During my interview, the officer asked me if I had taken any trip after I had filed N-400. I told him yes and he asked me to give him the departure/arrival date, that's all. He never saw my passport or asked for my plane tickets or boarding pass.

Just relax, this should not bother you, but see if you could call up the airline and have them retrieve your dates thru your mileage number.

Thanks for all your responses!! I do have the e-ticket from British Airways as well as my boarding pass from that trip.

Missing stamps are no problem at all. I probably only had a 50% correlation in stamps (its a long story) but it didn't cause even so much as a raised eyebrow. Don't sweat it.

Hi Kris-Colorado,

Missing stamps on your passport are not a problem at all just because they are not consistent stamping your passport everytime you come back into the country.
I've noticed that this is true especially when coming back from Canada or coming back from Caribbean cruises.

Just to be on the safe side, take airline tickets or something else with you. For instance, I'm taking my cruise boarding card for my Caribbean cruise which has the dates on it.

Good luck on your interview!

suresh_colo

Thanks for all your responses. I feel good and will post my interview experience after i am done.

08/28/2007 N-400 Received
08/28/2007 Priority Date
12/19/2007 FP done
01/15/2008 IL received
02/12/2008 IL appointment
????? Oath letter
????? Oath appointment