upcoming Chicago Oath- what to expect

jdade

Registered Users (C)
well that day has come i have my oath on Sep 28 and was wondering what to expect and what is the process ?

thank you

well that day has come i have my oath on Sep 28 and was wondering what to expect and what is the process ?

thank you

I presume your Oath Ceremony is at IL ND court situated at 219 Dearborn St. and in the court of Susan Cox. You must have been advised to report at 12.00 p.m. The court is located just above Blueline CTA Jackson station. Travel by CTA is very convenient and cheap. Other stations of CTA/Metra are alsoclose by. Car parks are also available in nearby buildings.

Usual security as in any Federal Building. On 25th floor a queue will be formed. Only the person taking oath will be first admitted to the chamber. Guests will be seated later. Judge will come at 1300 hrs and whole process will take 45 minutes. You can be out before 1400 hrs. Irrespective of when you arrive almost all will get their NC at the same time. The process of distribution of NC the last item takes less than 5 minutes. It is quite well organized. There will be about 150 new citizens. There will be voter registration outside the judge's chamber after OC.

If you want to apply for same day US PP, the agency is building across the street at 230 Dearborn. But you have get an appointment by calling 1-877-487-2778 begin_of_the_skype_highlighting**************1-877-487-2778******end_of_the_skype_highlighting. If you have a proof of travel in next 15 days they will issue the PP same day or next and you can get it by hand. If you do not have proof of travel they will not give the PP by hand but it will be mailed. If you pay additional you can opt for Fedex overnight delivery. Normally in USPS post office you pay $161 for PP and Card. At PP agency you pay $214 for same expedited + over night delivery. Worth the 50 bucks extra. You cannot go without appointment. Happy OC.

Last edited by a moderator: