Unofficial processing dates...

tx140

Registered Users (C)
It is clear that TSC is processing cases in random, but based on the postings these look like the latest processing dates ( random moving average basis... !!! )

AP 1/16/2002
EAD 11/19/2001
FP 4/19/2001
AD 2/28/2001

Randomness not in TSC processing, but in queue sizes

It looks like that TSC is processing cases according to RD, but looks random particularly in case of 485 because of unpredictable FP dates. FPs are scheduled into separate queues of local INS centers and depending upon the queue size which is random at any point of time, an application with an earlier RD may be processed at a later date than another with a later RD and a different ASC. Now FP is the key; delay in FP means delay in AOS also. However, special cases like misplaced applications and favoured applications (somebody could convince the IIO about the urgency of his/her case with a reason such as kid will be 21 years old soon) add to this randomness. On the whole , it looks FPs for March 2001 are being done for Dalls area now and approvals of AOS for Jan/Feb. 2001 are being done now. It looks like average AOS turn-around time for TSC is around 1 year 3 months.

I disagree with the whole varying Queues

I don\'t think TSC maintains separate queues by location. Look at Fam\'s brother, same EB cateogry, same company (so assuming same location) yet got approval in 4 months. The key is that he had his FP done recently.

I still don\'t think that TSC is looking at cases based on RD. I don\'t even think they have them sorted by RD. If that was the case then there are plenty of poeople who have had their FP done for ages but still no action on their cases.

I am noticing more and more cases that have done FP recently getting their cases processed (RFE or Approvals). For those folks that it does not happen I think the problem is getting the FP results matched with the file.

If you read Jose Latour Visit of TSC you will notice that case files are stored in a different location from where the officers are. This is why I think some people who get their FP now will not necessarily have their case looked at.

Again, my theory (which can never be proven unless TSC says), is that anyone that is getting their FP now is more than likely going to have their case looked at fairly quickly after FP. I am basing part of my thoery is that I think the national scheduler (or whatever scheduler) TSC has employed for sending out FP notices will do so by RD, thus ensuring cases are somewhat processed in order.

My feeling on old cases, there is a backlog team working on those cases.

This is all based on pure conjecture based on seeing 3 or 4 cases having FP done in January and getting their approvals in two or three weeks. Then the recent cases of Fundoo, Srinivinod, Fam and his brother. The first three had their cases processed within the 3 weeks of FP and it looks like Fams brother had his case looked at a mere 4 weeks after FP. Again, cannot be definitively proven but if we see more such cases then you can make a strong case for it. The only other thing that I would like to point out, until now I had never heard of cases being processed with such rapidity after FP in TSC. This is just a recent trend.

TSC may not be maintaining the queues, but the national scheduler

I agree with you regarding the old cases. The new cases, that is, the cases that were put on the national scheduler, are apparently being are being sorted out ASC-wise in the order of RDS by the scheduler. Whatever may be the correct theory, we both (happily) agree on that the cases being FPed now will see the light of the day soon.

Yeah we do agree on that (praying it is so)

You are probably right that the national scheduler is sorting by ASC / RD, I would not be surprised if it was by EB even though that should not matter.

Again, if anyone else is reading this. The only way we will know is if recent FP are getting their cases looked (RFE or Approval) at soon after is for people to post. This will give us all a better feel for what is going on at TSC.