Unnecessary need of EAD renewals

Rustam

Registered Users (C)
By mistake I gave the heading of EAD aprovals insead of EAD renewals.

Sorry about that.

The thread is under Section I140.

Thanks.

VSC can drastically reduce their workload by eradicating the EAD renewals.

If you see closely they are not generating any income through that but getting extra workload.

If the FP can be valid for 15 months why cannot they issue workpermit and increase the fees at the first shot and make it valid for 18 months. This way they can generate extra income and reduce the workload.

I am sure that I am not only the smart one to think about it. There might be people who thought about it but it do not know if it can be implemented or not(I have not evaluated the drawbacks of it as yet from USINS point of view).

Just moving the comments from I140 section to I485.

What do you think folks.

Thanks.

Yup !! That's a great idea ain't it ???

Well!!!... but how abt this .... take $1000 more and approve my I 485 in 6 Months .... ????

These thoughts have been a thing of past and all options were expressed in this forum already by many users ...

The only option in front of us is the LAWSUIT .....

I am eagerly waiting for any update from Rajiv on the "Writ of Mandamus" ...

JC Jhalak.

I do not disagree with you.

But If you see 485 has so many constraints attached to it such as I140.

But I think implementing approval of 485 by paying $ 1000.00 extra will really create a hue and cry with in USINS and among us who have already applied for I485.

It will have the same implication as H1 Visa has. They will generate RFE on the last day of 6th month and take another six month to approve the case. Thie net result will be the same. USINS will look good on papers showing only 6 months behind from todays date but actually one year behind.

But think about it, the new immigration applicant will apply for EAD's know that their I485 will 18+ months. So, why not issue EADs that are valid for 18 months. This way USINS will not have to worry about EAD renewal. The staff working on EAD renewal can be utilized to approve I485s or I140s.

Generating income is no doubt an issue for USINS but if they cannot do it. Atleast they can reduce the workload by eradicating EAD renewals.

Again, I do not know the technicality of implementing this suggestion. May be USINS does.

Thanks.

I fully agree with Rustam. Along with Single EAD throughout I485 AOS period, how about one AP throughout I485 AOS period?

BCIS can make another reduction of workload by having one AP..

My single cent..

They do NOT care about the backlog, but the DO care about the money the receive from renewals.
Go figure! :D

I'll take "Things That Are Wrong with the USCIS" for $500, Alex. ;)
The truth is, we can discuss ways of reducing backlogs at the agency until the cows come home.. AP's and EAD's that are valid for one year is just the tip of the iceberg.. Many well established procedures make little sense if any at all.. E.g.: the mere existence of I-140 (that clearly demonstrates an immigration intent) and I-130. In a perfect world, having one's I-140 or I-130 approved should automatically qualify the applicant as a permanent resident/immigrant.. The Legacy INS made a step in the right direction by allowing concurrent filing of the forms. However, just like in an intricate tango this tiny step forward was followed by a sharp turn and a backward leap (zero tolerance policy, more security checks and processing freeze). The USCIS lacks the political will to improve things.. Rumor has it that during the Kennedy era, while most government agencies were installing computer equipment, the INS refused to do so choosing instead to continue processing applications manually. The rationale was that the agency wanted to employ as many entry level clerks as possible.. Could be just another urban legend, but it shows the attitude.

They do NOT care about the backlog

GC012002,

You are absolutely wrong on this.

They DO care about backlogs (JOB SECURITY) . That is the reason they are in the business of creating more and more backlogs.

:D :D