Unlucky 2001 filers !

Hi Aug01filer,
I am wondering ,are just waiting for your daughter and is your's and your spouse's is approved already.If so when was it.would you please let us know.

sadboymemphis said:
Waiting like you guys.
Contacted Congressman but did not get any reponse.
Looks like Congressman's office are not helpful atleast here in Memphis.
Placed an inquiry with USCIS.

Rd: june/01
ND: aug/01
FP: 11/02

Not every Congressman supports immigration. You have to find a congressman or senator is immigrant-friendly. Check their Web sites and pay attention on if they support immigration laws. If the one in your district is not good, go to your neighboring district.

RD AUG 01
ND Sept 01
FP JAn 03

NOthing yet.
Called 800 number , put in an inquiry last week.
Called lawyer. And he said 'we'll follow up on your case'.
I want to contact congressman/senator. Who should I contact? Congressman or senator? How should I approach it? When I call his office, what would I tell them?
Please help
Thanks.

hmcis said:
RD AUG 01
ND Sept 01
FP JAn 03

NOthing yet.
Called 800 number , put in an inquiry last week.
Called lawyer. And he said 'we'll follow up on your case'.
I want to contact congressman/senator. Who should I contact? Congressman or senator? How should I approach it? When I call his office, what would I tell them?
Please help
Thanks.

Usually you know congressman or senator will not be able to talk with you directly, you will be answered by one of recepionnist and asked what help u need. Once u tell that u need immigration assistance, u will be transfered to someone in charge of immigration issues or prompted for a message if that person is not available at the moment.
If lucky u will have chance to go through the details of your sufferings with immigration representitive. Mainly he/she will only be interested in two questions: (1) your case has pasted processing date (2) your recept numbers availabe.

Real story starts there. You will leave your phone number or other way to reach you.

BE SURE TO ask when u can get back with him/her for following up.

A pro-immigration congressman/senator will actively persue your case while a anti-immigration ones might passively help you. You won't see much differences up to this point. There is no label on them to tell if they are pros or cons.

I believe they will do their part within the limit of their power.

Do post us your exploration of this trail.

Best of luck

I'm also in the same boat.

Offier#18 - is Proabably DEAD or on long vacation.

Hi..
I'm also one of the victims.. Looks like all our cases are with Officer#18.. And sounds like that guy went on vacation since 2 and 3rd week of march..

My RD: 08/03/01, ND: 09/07/01, FP: 12/21/02. RFE - see below.

This officer issued RFE for my wife and myself on Feb 12th... I got that RFE to my lawyers old address after 15 days with someone elses name on that.. we responded to that overnight.. TSC received and acknowledge on march 1st.. Somehow this Officer cleared his desk itseems before going on vacation issued another RFE on 10th march.. we received that to our lawyers old address also after 14 days.. responded over night on 25th march.. TSC acknowledged 26th March.. Looks like he is still enjoying his life..
On the other side.. my wifes RFE is missing.. we requested BCIS after every 30 days since Feb12th.. Nothing happned yet..

Moral of the store: This Officer#18 is not there.. probably he is dead.. (I hope not).. We get approvals once he start working..
The way he is working looks like he can cleanup his desk in less than one week.. that's were we are..

officer # 18

Hi VN Reddy,
you are right , may that officer is not existing any more, I don't know why some else can't take care of his mess.it's so frustrating how they deal with us.it's more frustrating when you hear people with march or april 02 were already approved with a week of their acked of the rfe.Don't the stupid beurocracy has any decency or placed system to do things in timely manner. I am so frustrated with waiting 6 year since applied for this.
Any way I wish you all best and hope we will get over this someday !Please keep us posted about your progress, mine is the same officer # 18.
Hope he will back soon from his/her honeymoon.

Drafted a letter today for my congressman and will be faxing it tomorrow. Talked to the lady at the congreeman's office and she seemed pretty nice but did inform me that the inquiry might take 30-45 days. I am so sick of my cases that I want to puke ...

But then, whatever happens, happens for the best!

nfn

No i am not from special reg countries.
Looks like i have to wait some more time to see any results.
Anyway i have asked my lawyer to inquire about my case.
Let us see.

Officer#18 ---????

Howdee.. Proabably all of us will get approvals in a span of 2-3 days.. especially Officer#18 cases.. Please post a message if you hear anything.. That will build some hope to others..

In my case, I faxed expidite letter to TSC twice and twice for my wife since Feb12th.. Actually as per the web site this fax will go to some responsible person (director).. Probably they have dust bin right below the fax machine and probably they made this faxes directly fall into that.. No effect.

Quick story..
One of my friends (VSC) contacted senator (NY Hillary office).. They sent a letter to VSC to expidite the case.. This guy received a letter from VSC saying his case cannot be expidited.. In his case he responded to his RFE and waited for more than 6 months and then contacted NY senator.. He lost hope and was just working.. Finally he got his approval after 9 months (after RFE response)... He couldn't control.. He booked tickets to India and went for stamping.. and left for India very next friday...

ok, I need to know how is it making a difference by being from a special registration country. WHat are the extra steps involved! Please help guys!

hmcis,

I do NOT believe that there is anything extra we, applicants coming from Sp. Regist. countries, need to do. I'm just sensing IF there is any trend in delaying OUR approvals. Apparently NOT. I hope NOT. sadboymemphis is NOT from a Sp. Regist. country.

Starting a separate thread to gauge late approvals for 2001 filers coming from Sp. Regist. countries might be a good idea.

Sorry if my question caused any anxiety :confused:

Good luck to ALL.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes I am from a Sp. Reg country and I did not register since I made my last entry on AP. I have a feeling that is causing the delays. One of things in my RFE was to explain why I didn't register.

fjaffery,

You have a strong case...many immigration lawyers believed that Sp. Regist. did NOT apply to parolees, at that time...

Good luck and please keep us posted...