unkown485, a question for you

herbie

Registered Users (C)
Which did you call to find our about your case, the IIO at TX center (214-381-1423) which usually you have to wait a long time for, or the INS 1-800 number which I found is quite convenient and efficient? If the 1-800 service can actually help us to inquire about individual case, it would be a helpful info. for all of us. Thanks.

Herbie

It is like this. If you want to know about the status of your case. Then call 214-381-1423 after 5:30 p.m. CST and listen to the automated voice message. But if you want to talk to an IIO, you need to call 214-381-1423 during the day time i.e. between 8:00 and 4:00(CST) and you will have to keep trying unless you make thru. It may sometimes take 1hr just to get the ring at TSC and then when you press the option to talk an IIO you may have to hold another half an hour to 1hr. before some IIO is free to talk to you. That 1800.. number is not helpful for your case status because they will again ask you to call back the respective Service Centers\' number which 214-381-1423. Hope this helped you. If you need anymore help then don\'t hesitate to ask. I am sorry for responding to you so late. If you want I can give you my e-mail Id also so that you can ask your queries at that e-mail ID.. Good luck and let me know if you have any more questions..

unknown 485, thanks for your reply. One more question:

When was your wife\'s last entry into US, before or after her illegal work? I heard by re-entering US, you sort of flushing your old records of being out of status. I wonder when INS check your 485 paper work, what period they consider, since the first time you enter US, or the last time you enter US? Does anyone know?

They will check the whole period of stay in US. I saw some messages

regarding out of status in this forum.