Unique Newark Passport Stamping Exp.

om_shanti

Registered Users (C)
We went to newark to get our passports stamped. Reached there by 6:45 A.M around 100 people ahead of us. We got our index finger print done and got our token number at 9:30 A.M.. Our counter number was in the 90 series. They were serving the 30's by the time we made ourselves comfortable in the waiting area.

We got our passports stamped at around 11:30 A.M.

Now what was unique about this experience?.

As i said they were processing 30's when we got there. It was moving very slowly only 3 counters were operating. As with the regular process, applicants were being called the first time at which point they were showing their EAD's and AP's. After that they were asked to wait till the back ground checks are done and they were being called again finally for the passport stamping.

At around 11:30 our number was called for the first time, we went to the counter. We gave our AP's and EAD's and approval notice. She stapled all of them together...asked by wife's maiden name, she filled up the IBIS query form. She filled up the finger print form. I guess at that time she checked something in the computer. And LO! and she stamped our passports and said congratulations....All of this during the first call.

Word of Advise!. Do not go on a wednesday for passport stamping. There were atleast around 300 applicants by the time I left with my stamped passports. (I peeked into one of the token numbers of an applicant on the way out).

I got lucky i guess. but i would defintely recommend an infopass appointment over Wedensday at Newark.

Cheers everyone and sincerely hope for approvals for all. Especially for the 2001 and early filers.

Courtesy copy will be okay for PP?

Hi!

Congratlations on the approval and new free world.

I am going to Newark office tomorrow for PP stamping. I have an infopass appointment. But I am wondering that if courtesy approval copy is no problem for PP stamping.

Thanks.

Concurrent filing (EB-1)
RD 04/23/2003
I140 Ad 07/25/2003
1FP 02/25/2004
AD 09/28/2004

I reached there at 6:30 AM on Oct 6th and was done by 10:25 AM.
Though I was called second time. Though there is a long line
on wednesdays but not all are for passport stamping.

random140

I had an appt for the Oct 5th at 8:45 for my stamping. I reached Broad Street around 8:40 and was out by 9:30. Atleast with the appt no need to stand in the cold.