Unfortunate or what???

srireddy

Registered Users (C)
My RD is 09/30/02 and still waiting for answer from NSC. This waiting somedays makes me sick and tired... Not sure what I can do.

I contacted Senators and others.. They replied back to me saying my RD is not current. Not sure what it is.. No RFE No updates, etc... Can someone advice what I should do.

Unitednation!!

UN,

I am from Columbus, Ohio. Which senator is better? I went to their website and found that both the senators have same office. Did you try with any of the congressman? What do you think about Pat Teberi? If I hear something positive from you then I will call their office starting 1st March as my PD is 29st Jan 2002 and USCIS can not process my case before that. I am still waiting for my FP2. Do you think I can trigger for FP2?

Thanks

Dave

unitednations said:
In my request to the senator's office, I told them to not accept an answer that the processing dates aren't current because there is many people after me who have been approved. If I received that answer from nebraska, I was going to take the scanner results from the may 2003 tracker and show it to the senator and ask them to get nebraska to answer to that.
NSC is not required to answer that I am afraid, their standard response would be "each case is different", "security checks take longer for certain cases" etc.

srireddy,

srireddy said:
My RD is 09/30/02 and still waiting for answer from NSC. This waiting somedays makes me sick and tired... Not sure what I can do.

I contacted Senators and others.. They replied back to me saying my RD is not current. Not sure what it is.. No RFE No updates, etc... Can someone advice what I should do.

I can feel your pain. Beginning of this week, I have also contacted the senator's from my state. Both the offices told me to wait 3-4 weeks to get a response. I guess this is another government agency!! Good luck to us all.

What is the procedure for contacting senator/congressman???? Can we directly cal ltheir office or write a letter? If yes, Does anyone have the format of the letter ??? Did anyone contact senator in illinois ???
PLs let me know....

Could your name be the issue?

My last name is Reddy, and I wonder if the commonality of this name causes a delay in the name-check process. What do you think srireddy?

gc_03 said:
What is the procedure for contacting senator/congressman???? Can we directly cal ltheir office or write a letter? If yes, Does anyone have the format of the letter ??? Did anyone contact senator in illinois ???
PLs let me know....

Call the senator's office and explain your situation. they will normally tell you how to communicate. Also visit the senator's website to understand the procedure.

Here is a list of things that you need to keep in mind when contacting/mailing/faxing the senators:

1- Call their office and ask how they prefer to receive documents and requests for Federal Casework Inquiry. If they have their casework coordination offices in Washington DC then send fax to avoid delays

2- Fax/Mail them a letter explaining your situation (personal hardship, BSIC incompetence, you paying taxes for many years, law abiding contributor to your community, looking forward to become a voting citizen, blah blah blah)

3- Make sure you include all information: EAD #, Alien #, SSN, type of application, NAMES, Address with INS, when filed, RD, ND, RFE, Fingerprinting dates, etc, etc, anything and everything (politicians love documentation, so kill a few trees, it can only help)

4- ask them to "advise you on how to obtain the adjudication status of the application. You have contacted BCIS several times and the information on the website is very vague and estimates keep changing etc."

5- Do not ask them to help approve the application, because they dont do that. They are smart, they know what you are looking for, so they will use their "Political" means to pursuade the application process. Just be gentle and kind in your letter, write with a tear jerking tone, ask for advice

Good luck.

jaireddy said:
My last name is Reddy, and I wonder if the commonality of this name causes a delay in the name-check process. What do you think srireddy?

No idea. FBI namecheck was completed for me back in Jan 2003 according to the email I received. For my wife, they messed up the A#'s.

I also came across a post where NSC lost bunch of Namecheck files for those filed in 2002. Who knows where I stand in all this mess they have...

My lawyer thinks that our files are in bins and they are adjudicated in the order of FIFO, I guess my file is buried down under.

The same here

srireddy said:

My PD 7/01 ,RD is 28/8/02 , 2 Fp 4/04, Name check done 12/02 same was confirmed by local INS office , No RFE or Approval.

I have contacted a Senator and a Congressman after the INS website processing time changed to 8/31/02. Both said that they got reply from INS as "At present we are processing Aug 02 cases so wait for 6 weeks". The case workers advised me to contact them once again after 6 weeks if nothing is heard by then.

One more thing I observed is EB2 filers are the victims of INS. My Company (fortune 100) has sponsored about 30 people at the time. I am senior most of them with EB2. Others are EB3 and filed between OCt 02 to Feb 03 all of them got approved 6 months back.

Sri,
You can try filing a writ of mandamus to take action on your file. I heard it worked well for others.

coolchap said:
Sri,
You can try filing a writ of mandamus to take action on your file. I heard it worked well for others.

Hi Coolchap, I apologize for not being knowledgeful, Can you please post a link or how this "writ of mandamus" works? Thanks for your help.

EB2 the culprit?

Wait 4 Ever,
Probably you are right. I am an EB2 applicant waiting for ever .

I doubt it is just an EB2 issue, I even saw approvals of EB2 for 2003 and even 2004 on rupnet recently...

What are your thoughts on filing Writ of Mandamus as suggested by coolchap?

Well I dont think it is an EB2 issue. There have been lot of approvals these days which are spread over 2002,2003 and 2004. I think NSC is catching up with other centers(CSC) which have done this before. It's pure luck in my opinion so pray hard. The day you get your approval you might try your luck at lottery. Some things I learnt in all this saga:
1. Government works the same f%#$#^% way anywhere. Less government much better jeee no wonder I lean republican.
2. If you are unlucky you become a "saint"(Read tons of patience) after all this process.
3. Unpredictability is the only predictable thing from all this.
4. Hang in there your time will come one day. Thou shall pee in your pants/skirts with joy at the prospect of not reading posts like this anymore.

God Bless and Good Luck