unforeseen circumstances?

sashka

Registered Users (C)
Hi,

I just came home and found in my mailbox letter from INS with following text:
This is to advise you that, du to unforeseen circumstances, we have had to cancel the previusly scheduled inteview on <date> for the above applicant. We regret any inconvenience this may cause.

We will advise you of any further action take on this case, including any rescheduled interview information,
under separate notice

I tried calling to INS, but it was late and automatic system told me, that "information is unavailable for this case".

Did anyone get letter like this? What does it mean? Is there something wrong, or they just want to reschedule my interview appoitment?

Thank you.

Sashka,

I believe there were cases like this in December. Haven't heard anyone recently.

What is your interview center and your timeline?

Thanks.

Interview center is in Newark, NJ. Timelines...
Sent application at end of April 2002
got fingerprints taken in july. interview was scheduled on beggining of march.

this letter was dated jan 16

Originally posted by skn400
Sashka,

I believe there were cases like this in December. Haven't heard anyone recently.

What is your interview center and your timeline?

Thanks.

Sashka,
I have received the same also dated Jan 16th.

I had my citizenship interview scheduled for last week of March. Saturday I received a letter from INS stating that the interview has been cancelled due to unforeseen circumstances.
I called the Vermont service center this morning and they said that they can’t do any thing and I should wait for the next notice from the local INS office.

My timeline: Nj state

Pripority date: Mid May 2002
FP: Last week of Aug 2002
Interview: Last week of March: Cancelled...............

hi,

i have a theory. if NJ is doing same day oath, your cases fall into the same problem as I have (see "anyone got oath lately?") sv303 has posted two excellent news from his lawyer. I just hope this second security checkup could be over soon. bunch of guys have descheduled oath.

cheers.

sashka,
Just for your info I called INS again this morning and they have rescheduled my interview again, a month after the original date that was cancelled last week.

Earleir date: Last week of March
New Date: Last week of April