Unexpected Error message when trying to pay immigrant visa fee.

ClaudeM7

I am trying to pay my wife's immigrant visa fee before she arrives to the U.S. After inputting her A# and Case ID, I get " an unexpected error occurred" message. I am following the instructions given by adding a 0 before her A# and not adding "01" at the end of her case ID and nothing works. Keep getting same message. I have spoken with a USCIS tier2 officer by phone, but since it's under my wife's name, he was unable to assist me. Has this happened to anyone and if so, how did you resolve it? I have attached pics of the error message from USCIS site.

I was finally able to pay. I called USCIS and was able to speak with live agent. She opened a service request to the technical support team. Two days later, they send me an email with a link and I was able to pay the immigrant visa fee.

Did you have the error notification even after five business days had passed? So you recommend asking for the technical support team on the phone with USCIS? Was the link they sent the same link you had been using?

Yes, it was a month after my wife was issued her immigrant visa. I tried to pay for almost a month with no success. Since she wasnt here, live agent at uscis wasnt able to help. I needed my wife to be on the phone so she could authorize them to talk to me. Once my wife artived, i called again and the live agent opened a service ticket with the technical team. Two days later, they sent her an email with a link. I clicked the link which took me to her uscis online account and created a new password. Once i was in, i inputted her A# and case ID and I was able to pay.

Thank you very much I hope to hear back soon from the technical team with a link.. their email says it may take 30 days to hear from them

Call uscis and when the automated service asks what they can help you with, just say INFOPASS. That will put you in touch with a live agent. Explain the situation and they will scale it to the tech support team. In about 7 days you will get a reaponse.