Unemployment Insurance Benefits

qwerty987666 said:
Ok . Let me be very slow for you. First of all You don't have to prove anything. After loosing job(e.g layoffs), go to that office and file for UB benefits, UB officials inquire about your termination reason with ex-employer and if you fit bill, they will start UB benefits. This benefits will continue for atleast 6months or until you get new job(I guess). In this time, UB benefit holder should not do any act such as taking vacation for 6 months on Bahama like that to raise doubt. Only such stupid action on your behalf will make you to "prove UB" otherwise NOT.There is no need to do so called "prove" proactively.
If you still don't get it, loose your job and get UB benefits :D :D

qwerty987666, my friend, you are not correct. I assume you never had to go through the UB process, since you have to guess about it. Actually, you do need to "actively" seek employment and you are supposed to keep track of your efforts. In the State of Ohio you have to contact at least one or two employers a week to qualify for UB continuation. You do not need to submit the information unless they audit you. And when you get a new job, you are supposed to inform the State and the unemployment benefits will be terminated.

It's U who're sllooowwww. I'm not saying you have to prove that you have lost your job. I'm saying that you have to pro-actively looking for a job while on UB. Not doing so might affect your benefits.

qwerty987666 said:
If you still don't get it, loose your job and get UB benefits :D :D
qwerty ... I don't want to be like you, i.e. be already on UB. :p

GeneM said:
You do not need to submit the information unless they audit you. And when you get a new job.

Thats RIGHT. Thats all my point is. If UB provider in doubt, will initiate audit and then only this so called "prove" comes in picture, otherwise NOT.

alren said:
I'm not saying you have to prove that you have lost your job. I'm saying that you have to pro-actively looking for a job while on UB. Not doing so might affect your benefits.
You don't have to "prove" anything here as well as you don't have any argument left. :D :D

I am naive

don't understand why those money is yours, and you will lose it if you don't apply it... thanks

Thanks reply

that means UB application doesn't have negative effect for the future citizenship petition, am I right? Thanks

tsc123102 said:
don't understand why those money is yours, and you will lose it if you don't apply it... thanks

If you don't claim it, then you are equivalent
to buying car insurance and then don't use it
after you run into accident

If I get laid off and move to another state, could I claim UB through my new residence state?

-JPSUL
GC received 11/04

another question is

if you claim UB, when you apply citizenship and are checked employment history, do they think you are the American burden since you claimed UB before? Thanks

tsc123102 said:
if you claim UB, when you apply citizenship and are checked employment history, do they think you are the American burden since you claimed UB before? Thanks

You might be right. Does anybody have any CIS publishing regarding this scenerio. Either approves or disapproves above concern?? Please post